Chapman ml2 pro modern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapman ml2 pro modern

Has anyone owned/tried the Chapman ml2 pro modern? I am looking for a modern take on the LP single cut shape and this looks to be a good candidate.
    From the pics it seems to be a more upmarket version of my washburn parrallaxe pxl10 (which I love).
    What i would like to know is just how slim/fat the neck is and what sort of ball park the pickups are in, ie; medium output like a JB or Fat 55 or higher output like an EMG 81/85?

Re: Chapman ml2 pro modern

I have two Chapman ML1s. They play GREAT...the woodworking is better than guitars twice their price.

The stock Chapman pickups are garbage. He actually admits it...he says the only reason he puts them in is because iyou cant sell an electric guitar with no pickup in it....they are built for hot rodding! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5805078You can choose wheter you prefer Paf style like the Duncan 59s, or something hot like the Jb Jazz.

In any case, you definitely get your money's worth!

I just put Saturday Night Specials in this Beauty...
    Last edited by dotsdad; 02-03-2018, 01:45 PM.
    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Yes, I was not that impressed with the sound on some, but not all of the videos that I have watched but the through neck and general construction look impressive.
      As for pickups, I am prepared to fit my own as I did with the horrible EMG81/60 set I had in my ec1000fr, swapping them out for EMG Fat 55s which I like a lot.
      Another option I am considering is the british builder Gordon Smith. I tried one of their GS2 guitars today and loved it.
      Apparently they could, if I asked build me a LP replica from the woods of my choice for a very reasonable price which is something I will also consider........At the ripe old age of 53 it would be nice to have a quality bespoke instrument in my hands.

Comment

Truoble with a custom built guitar is that it takes a long time. At the ripe old age of 53 you might br crippled by arthritis by th time the custom build is finished....
        “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
          Truoble with a custom built guitar is that it takes a long time. At the ripe old age of 53 you might br crippled by arthritis by th time the custom build is finished....
          Look at Johnny Winters, he can not stand up to play anymore but would teach a terwat like you a thing or two?

Comment

When I look at the ML2s, I always think I'd want a LTD EC-401 or EC-1000 instead. Never played either though.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
              When I look at the ML2s, I always think I'd want a LTD EC-401 or EC-1000 instead. Never played either though.
              I have a LTD ec1000fr with EMG fat 55 pickups and it plays great but the floyd robs the sustain and tone as expected so yesterday I swapped the stock floyd block and spring claw for brass (big block).
              I also have the FU tone tremstopper fitted which, surprisingly made a slight difference to high end clarity.
              I havent reset the intonation properly yet but may do later today.

Comment

I like chapman guitars but since the top of the line is now over 1200 euro's, I wonder how much value for the buck you actually get considering a certain brand makes a handmade LP for just a couple of hundred more (but with hipshot bridge, better electronics and seymour duncans).

Oh well... Chapman has the name I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                  I like chapman guitars but since the top of the line is now over 1200 euro's, I wonder how much value for the buck you actually get considering a certain brand makes a handmade LP for just a couple of hundred more (but with hipshot bridge, better electronics and seymour duncans).

Oh well... Chapman has the name I guess.
                  Yes. I know what you mean and am also currently looking at a certain UK builder re a custom built model.
                  Which maker are you suggesting?

Comment

Originally posted by evan47 View Post
                    Look at Johnny Winters, he can not stand up to play anymore but would teach a terwat like you a thing or two?
                    Sadly, Johnny Winter died in 2014.

Comment

Working...
                    X