opinions on new squier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on new squier?

so squier has a new series out now called the contemperay series. pandering to modern features, slim necks, emg knockoffs, floyd rose, hh teles with contours they look interesting for the price was curious about everyones take on it. honestly i think if the white one with floyd had a maple board i might have gone for it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hh.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	5846865Click image for larger version

Name:	bhss.PNG
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	5846863

Name:	tthh.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	5846866

Name:	hss+tele.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	5846867Click image for larger version

Name:	fhh.jpg
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	5846864Click image for larger version

Name:	hhlh.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	5846868
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: opinions on new squier?

have owned a handful of Squires. The only ones that I've ever cared for were my pair of Japanese-made Supersonics, and my 1989 USA-made Squire strat (which I still have). The American Squire is the best Fender/Squire I've ever owned. I kid you not. And I've had dozens, including American Standard, Deluxe, and Yngwie strats. The Squire smokes them all for playability... and the stratty your is purer. My USA custom shop is quite a bit better, and the Tom Anderson's I've had were/are in a different universe. But then again... those are in a different universe from ALL guitars that I've ever had (even the Suhr).

But I dunno... maybe they're making the imports better these days than they used to.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 02-01-2018, 07:32 PM.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

They're a reasonable platform to mod. Not gonna sound good as is. All Squiers have thin necks.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 02-01-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

If these are as good as the Classic Vibes, which I believe are in the same price range, they might be worth a look into.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Cool, never tried one. As long as they don't have the terrible, papery-yet-sharp-edged Affinity neck finish (is it a finish?) and instead have something more like the VM finish, I might bite. I'd put VM Squiers above MIM guitars in general.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

If the construction is solid, they should be a popular line. I'm digging several of the models there.
            http://www.lonephantom.com
            http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

They're very pretty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Working...
              X