MIJ Tokai Breezy Sound Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Tokai Breezy Sound Help

Just got this Tokai Breezy Sound Tele from a pawn shop for 300 bucks and I don't have a clue if its new or post 1985. On top of that it has a 5 hole pick guard(which is kind of an annoying feature if you like tinkering).Any help appreciated
    Thanks.

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk

Re: MIJ Tokai Breezy Sound Help

Apparently, Tokai Fender replicas have no year specific info on the serial/production numbers.
    As long as it has made in japan printed on it, which yours has, I would not worry as it should be a good one.
    They have also made guitars in Korea and China which would be less sought after.

Comment

Originally posted by evan47 View Post
      Apparently, Tokai Fender replicas have no year specific info on the serial/production numbers.
      As long as it has made in japan printed on it, which yours has, I would not worry as it should be a good one.
      They have also made guitars in Korea and China which would be less sought after.
      Final search points likely towards a Tokai ATE 88 handcrafted MIJ.I actually A/Bed it with a Fender telecaster TL71 MIJ ash body.

Build was good on both of them, but this one had the vintage saddle(not chrome), and more importantly a lot of snap and tone.The fender didn't. And the fender was a 190 dollars more, just for a name.

At home I compared the neck pickup to DiMarzio Tone King and the TK had more of a modern tone with certain frequencies scooped(to my ears), but this stock pickup was very very close and had more of a vintage vibe.I was very impressed.

Comment

IDK, it looks sweet, but $300 seems kinda high for that.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

So similar to an MIJ Fender (not really 'odd' though, as many were made by Tokai.) Still, the stampings, finish etc. really give it away.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            IDK, it looks sweet, but $300 seems kinda high for that.
            Around my area here in Japan anything Tokai + MIJ = pay top yen. Plus this was an ATE 88 initially priced around 950 dollars
            BODY:Alder
            NECK:Maple
            FINGERBOARD:Maple or Rosewood
            BRIDGE:TE-VB Bridge
            PICKUPS:TE-Vintage MK3
            CONTROLS:1V.,1T.,3way-SW
            COLOR:YS,BB,VWH,MR
            Price:95,040 yen(Include Tax)

Comment

i have a tokai ast-62 thats a great guitar, if this is similar to that then you did good

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                i have a tokai ast-62 thats a great guitar, if this is similar to that then you did good
                Thanks Jeremy, they are actually very gig worthy as they are.Very well made guitars.I was thinking that the OEM pickups will never have any kind of tone, even at this price point, but surprise surprise.

Comment

Working...
                X