New pickups in my ESP LTD M-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups in my ESP LTD M-50

I replaced the stock pickups with a set of JB (A2) and 59 pickups with aged covers in my new M-50. Sounds so much better now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ABFF2D2-9B0D-4E53-B8B0-35ABE0600B41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	5847888

Name:	BF545BD6-73DA-4E42-A17D-79B960B03233.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	5847889

Name:	C280ED6C-B540-4043-A8C5-AABBF0C1434A.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	5847890

Re: New pickups in my ESP LTD M-50

What's plugged into the output jack?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

That's my XVive U2 wireless transmitter. Works awesome.

Comment

Finally had a chance to use this guitar at a gig today. The JB2 thru my Boss Katana had into a 1X12 cab with a WGS HM75 speaker sounded awesome. Great 80's metal tones and the guitar played great and stayed in tune like a champ.

Comment

Not only does it (i am sure) sound better, to me those aged covers look sick on that axe. bravo!
          Guitars:
          2017 Epiphone dot
          2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
          2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
          (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
            Not only does it (i am sure) sound better, to me those aged covers look sick on that axe. bravo!
            Yeah, it looks great with those covers. I've found that the JB(A2) can be a finicky beast. In my guitars with the basswood or alder bodies (maple necks/rosewood fretboard) it can sound huge. Big, bold and aggressive, but in my guitars I've tried it in with mahogany bodies (mahogany or maple necks) it's sounded kinda thin. Very odd that I can take the same exact pickup out of a guitar with a mahogany body/neck, rosewood fretboard and maple top like my PRS SE Tremonti Custom where it sounded thin and lifeless, put it in a guitar like the one in the picture and now it sounds amazing. Some other pickups have sounded either great or not so great to me no matter what guitar I've tried them in, but IMO the JB(A2) is a very fickle beast.

Comment

Working...
            X