• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zachary Guitars: A Review

A sandwich short of a picnic?

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, the headstock is ugly. But there remains something that I like about it. The same with the fretboard markers.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

His website makes him come across as the biggest tool. How many times does he have to call regular guitar buyers morons or stupid? He spends equal amount of time bashing other makers as well. This guy has zero class and its painfully obvious.

Comment

Maybe he's aiming for a niche market of people who enjoy being insulted and blowing money on purposely built crappy guitars.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Like BriGuy, I took a look at the website. That's all I have to say about that, and that should say it all.

(This statement was hand crafted by me personally, thought up in my own brain. It is not the product of a CNC machine or any other mass production technique. This statement will sound significantly better than any mass produced, plagiarized or any statement which is the result of an unenlightened mind, such as mine.)
            My Sound Clips

Comment

I've met a few people with this sort of personality type.

The most recent one was a fencer.....working on the property of a client of mine. Tried to tell me how to do my job (a retaining wall), that most people used tools incorrectly, and he was the best ever.

He only did half the job and never returned to complete the work (or get paid). The half he did do looked like a rollercoaster ride.

Comment

OK, I intended to steer clear of the matter of unique personalities and still do.

However I WILL say that we have an expression in Greek whose literal translation is "When you hear of many cherries, you should carry a small basket".
                The meaning of course being that, whenever someone talks big, you should expect them to act small.

I have had a handful of encounters with such big-talkers in the guitar-building world and, well, let me just say that I have yet to meet one who had the skills to back it up...
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I like that saying Keeper. I might just start using that one. Thanks for sharing.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

AHA!! I get it!! Looking at his site, that explains the flaws in the guitar reviewed here. The human touch, irregularity, variability and inconsistency.
                      So, if flaws are what makes a guitar so good, I expect that there will be no more Gibson bashing on this site..... haha
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The website is hilarious. He mentions "John Meyer ", and there is a testimonial from "the lawyer who bought your guitar". Shades of Ed Roman, indeed.

Comment

The guitars pictured remind me of a quote (can't recall from who) about modern art; "Before someone paints me their impression of a cow, I'd like to see them paint an actual cow; then we can work from there."

Larry

Comment

Parker+1
                            Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
                            If it's weird but functional (like a Parker), I can dig it. If it's weird and won't stay in tune, what'a the point?
                            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                            What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
                              The guitars pictured remind me of a quote (can't recall from who) about modern art; "Before someone paints me their impression of a cow, I'd like to see them paint an actual cow; then we can work from there."

Larry
                              Love that quote. If the impression of a cow is all you can do, it is less, um, impressive.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Note to self "self don't take acid before making promo videos"
                                https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Working...
                                X