banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Daphne Blue Squier Deluxe Stratocaster (modded with love)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: Daphne Blue Squier Deluxe Stratocaster (modded with love)

ohhh yeah that is so hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
      Uhm... ACTUALLY... the earliest stuff --- 80's Japanese and 89-90 American Squiers --- are considered the best
      Ummmm...ackchually, I didn't start playing guitar until the mid 90's, when having a Squier was like having herpes.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
        Ummmm...ackchually, I didn't start playing guitar until the mid 90's, when having a Squier was like having herpes.
        They still had japanese squiers into the 90s, and plenty on the used market.

Lots of things were sleepers for a good long while before rebounding in value.
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

At that same time there were also more deadbeat Korean/Indonesian Squiers (models Yamaha took pot-shots at in ads) than MIJ Squiers. Squiers felt/played much worse than they do now. I remember when picking up a random Squier from a store was pretty depressing; really poor fretwork, thick/inelegant shaping to the necks, cm thick finishes that made the guitar feel plastic and heavy, etc.

I really think aside from the very earliest Japanese Squiers, MIJ Fenders are too mythicized and rose-colored. By the 90s the Japanese Squier (and even Fender) lines were much more cost-cut and diluted. Coupled to the vast improvements in the Indonesian/Chinese Squier line I'd put almost any modern Squier up against a 90s MIJ and bet the new Squier would win out in sound, construction, and finish quality.
          Last edited by Silence Kid; 08-27-2018, 05:57 AM.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

They still had japanese squiers into the 90s, and plenty on the used market.

Lots of things were sleepers for a good long while before rebounding in value.

Of course they were out there. You'd still get the stink eye if you showed up to play a show with a Squier, though. Perception is a powerful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
              Of course they were out there. You'd still get the stink eye if you showed up to play a show with a Squier, though. Perception is a powerful thing.
              Im pretty sure a bone-stock 50's Fender would get you laughed out of the room in the late 70s and early 80s
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Im pretty sure a bone-stock 50's Fender would get you laughed out of the room in the late 70s and early 80s
                Maybe, but I don't know. I wasn't around in the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                X