Yamaha Silent Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Silent Guitar

Anyone have one? I managed to snag one a couple years ago for a lo-buck price, and I play it a bunch. Sounds great for the most part, but the LR Baggs undersaddle pickup has that trebly rasp that I hate in the top end. I was thinking of adding a Bill Lawrence A400 at the neck to add a 3rd dimension to the sounds of the Yamaha. Strung with D'Addario 10's, you can't tell it's not acoustic strings. Mucho fun, very versatile.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Re: Yamaha Silent Guitar

I'd say go for it. It would look cool as well as give it a lot more versatility.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Re: Yamaha Silent Guitar

What an odd idea..why not just a non-resonant cheapie electric, into a headphone amp if you need it?

Seems to address a problem that ain't much of a problem, unless you're maybe sleeping 4 to a dormroom and have insomnia? But even then, there's usually common areas or hallways or staircases or something to lurk in...

And that target audience usually has other priorities to allocate 650 bucks to. Seems like the only people that would normally buy one new wouldn't have any use for it, since those throwing money at novelties for bragging rights generallt have some kind of personal space
      Last edited by Adieu; 08-13-2018, 09:08 AM.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
      X