Experience with Yamaha studio lord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Yamaha studio lord?

Some seem to believe the sl700 one of the best Les Pauls, they certainly are affordable and one would imagine great quality being Yamahas....

Interested in your experience regarding quality, tone, neck shape and anything else that comes to mind...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Re: Experience with Yamaha studio lord?

Bump
    No one have any experience?
    Or don't like them?

Comment

The 70s Japanese ones? Just another MIJ Lester, + ebony...not sure about the pickups (no idea), otherwise should be solid in all respects

Not sure if they used the Studio Lord badge on non-Japanese LPs, but starting mid-late 80s check for country of origin. Yamaha Taiwan is surprisingly solid stuff, although you probably shouldn't pay the MIJ premium. Everything is else, consider it meh unless there's reason to think otherwise
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
        The 70s Japanese ones? Just another MIJ Lester, + ebony...not sure about the pickups (no idea), otherwise should be solid in all respects

Not sure if they used the Studio Lord badge on non-Japanese LPs, but starting mid-late 80s check for country of origin. Yamaha Taiwan is surprisingly solid stuff, although you probably shouldn't pay the MIJ premium. Everything is else, consider it meh unless there's reason to think otherwise
        Yep, the 70s MIJ are popping up all over the place- I would also assume medicore pups, but that's the fun part, eh?

Thanks for input- have a feeling that I'll be seeing one of these before long and will report back.

Comment

I've never heard of these before, but they sure look sweet.

Comment

Working...
          X