Nice Yahoo Finance article with data about growing guitar industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Yahoo Finance article with data about growing guitar industry

Nice Fender and PRS perspectives on how the industry is growing as they find new markets-

Notice how well units sold tracks the recession and slow growth- Maybe the Feds should be using guitarists to make monetary policy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guitar market.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	5848934

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Re: Nice Yahoo Finance article with data about growing guitar industry

Maybe this will help Fender IPO.

Comment

It would be interesting to see US made broken out. My guess is that if that data was there it would show a steady shift from US to imported guitars.

Comment

I was literally gong to post the same article and chart.

I wonder how much of the market is now due to owning multiple guitars rather than the past where many owned a single guitar.

Also, it interesting the acoustic number is so high, but browsing Facebook marketplace shows many more cheap acoustics for sale than electrics. So I bet nearly all of them are “entry level”.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don’t think there is correlation between the recession and the spike in guitar. More likely was affected by the guitar hero video game trend at the time. That game made a lot of people interested in real guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
            I don’t think there is correlation between the recession and the spike in guitar. More likely was affected by the guitar hero video game trend at the time. That game made a lot of people interested in real guitar.
            Interesting hypothesis- There is no doubt that GH brought a lot of new guitarists into the world-
            So if Guitar Hero is driving a significant part of sales, did GH peak in 04 and die off until 09 and start growing again?

Comment

IMO the guitar hero era was ‘07 - ‘10.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yea GH probably doesn’t account for a significant change in sales now.

I could definitely belive some shift from cheap guitars to high quality ones during an improved economy - not like all the guitars sold but a decent percentage increase. It would be super interesting to get a breakdown in average price of guitars sold over the years. On the one hand, manufactring tech progress, importing has reduced the cost and thus end price of guitars. And actually it’s good to see a large number of cheapos sold meaning more people are starting guitar (market growth). On the other hand, we do want to see people replacing what they have for more expensive guitars to keep profitability up.

Comment

You guys are right. Guitar hero came a little after the spike, so that debunks my theory. Sorry, i was wrong and i apologize.

Comment

You guys are right. Guitar hero came a little after the spike, so that debunks my theory. Sorry, i was wrong and i apologize.
                    Maybe it halted a growing wave, kids got their fix on a game doing imitation instead of the real thing!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

No reason to apologize! Get all the ideas on the table and the strong ones survive...

I'm glad you mixed it up and made us think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

90's, especially the latter half wasn't exactly succesful for any rock musician if you think of it.

However, many of them got back on the track afterwards, which could explain the spike. More young we're finding those old bands, plenty of later well known new guitar driven bands we're beginning around the same time.
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                        X