NGD Epiphone SG G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Epiphone SG G400

Well my new Epiphone arrived today from Sweetwater. I decided to go ahead and have this one Plek’ed just to how it does on the frets.

On this one I am actually going to play it for awhile before I put in my SD 59 neck and bridge pickups along with the bumblebee caps I picked up for it.

Last edited by Exojam; 08-15-2018, 02:54 PM.

Re: NGD Epiphone SG G400

Nice guitar!
    I didn't know you could plek one from sweetwater.

Comment

Nice guitar! Epiphones these days are pretty quality instruments for a fraction of the price. I one day played a faded brown G400 and I was surprised how solid it felt even more than my Gibson SG. Congrats on your purchase.

;>)/
      sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Congratulations! You're pretty well set now, have fun with it.
        "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet. I love G400's. Especially in Cherry.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post
              Nice guitar!
              I didn't know you could plek one from sweetwater.
              Yes, they will do it for a cost. Now when you move up to the higher priced guitars they “may” already be done from the guitar manufacturers.

Comment

Nice! I've been wanting an SG lately myself.
                "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Well now my Gibson SG Gothic has a cousin.

Comment

Yeesh, bit pricey no?

How much did that cost you with the plek job? And could you post up a closeup pic of the fretjob and the action they set you up for, say around 12th fret?
                    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

All you need now is just '59 A4 and Custom 8
                      Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
                      -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

One of my favorite guitars. I did a set up on my old singer's G400 and when I was done it felt and played just as well as my Gibson SG. Those G400s are freaking beautiful machines.

Comment

I have a G400 Pro before the new model with binding came out, it's quality gear. The buckers have great range, the coil-split option is fine as long as you compress to defeat the volume drop. With both pickups selected you get that great out of phase tone. Put a fuzz on this baby and she hums, incredibly resonant.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                            Yeesh, bit pricey no?

How much did that cost you with the plek job? And could you post up a closeup pic of the fretjob and the action they set you up for, say around 12th fret?
                            It was 199.00 for the plek work.

Compared to the 250-350 I was quoted from different shops around here for a fret job (and that was just the fret job, if anything else needed work on frets, add some more money to it) on my old G400, for me it was easier to buy a new guitar for less than 350 and have the plek job done before I received the guitar.

I will see if I can grab some close up on frets for you today. I found them the guitar super smooth last night when I was testing it out.
                            Last edited by Exojam; 08-16-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majewsky View Post
                              All you need now is just '59 A4 and Custom 8
                              I already have a pair of SD pickups that will go into at sometime but I was really enjoying the stock pickups that were in it when I was playing last night.

I have the SD 59 NECK SH-1N and 59 BRIDGE SH-1B from my old G400 sitting and waiting for use if I decide to put them in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X