Thoughs on a 90s squier. Am i crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughs on a 90s squier. Am i crazy.

So i went to my local guitar center and they had a 92 squier strat. Made in korea (considered the worst ones) probably plywood. A bit beat up but in a cool way. 100 dollars. I picked it up for the heck of it and i was really surprised. It was super loud unplugged very resonant. The neck was 12 inch radius i think and thin so took a second to get use to but i found it very enjoyable to play and sounded pretty good too.
    I was just wondering if anyone has any input or advice on these types of squiers.

Re: Thoughs on a 90s squier. Am i crazy.

my first guitar was a squier II hss strat. the neck was very fast and playable, not my taste now but at the time im sure it eased the process of learning.

Comment

That price is high but you are not crazy. I bought one at a Goodwill for $30 while on vacation a couple years ago. I planned to part it out because I dont like Strats. It was a great playing guitar and I kept the neck because I liked it so much I plan to use it for my next partscaster. It was a really resonant guitar, plywood and all.

Comment

What series or serial number does it have? Most people tend to like the Korean squiers. Every Korean squier neck I have tried (4 of them) has been on par with MIM Fender stuff, imo. I tend to like them over MIM Fender, but that's just me. The body, electronics, and hardware are what they are. Maybe you can ask for a best offer?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maple? Korean maple necks can surprise you sometimes
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
          X