banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with LTD Evertune bridge system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with LTD Evertune bridge system?

Doesn't appear to a "robotic" tuner per se. But just keeps the guitar in tune. I wonder how well it works or if it's problematic?

Re: Does anyone have any experience with LTD Evertune bridge system?

I haven't but I found this review of it: LTD EC-1000 EverTune Review

This one has 4 reviews with 4.5 Stars with someone saying that the EverTune is hard to figure out...another one saying those who give it bad reviews need to watch the how to videos because it works.

Comment

Thanks Trey. I'll check it out.

Comment

Here’s a thread I started about three months ago. Some info in there.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well it works....and for one with my way of playing the guitar...it would bug the sh1t out of me...
          Have setup a few guitars with that system....
          For metal heads with hamfisted paws I get it, for chugging away and jumping around like a flea in heat it is neat.
          Or play stuff that is "keyboardish".....
          Dunno like any other "magic" sollution is has its drawbacks and fortes.....

Like it always is, for some it is good, for others it would be a bother....we all play differently....

Comment

In line with the "keyboardish" comment above - I'm copying and pasting from my post in PFDarkside's thread:

Originally posted by stratguy23 View Post
            I briefly had the ESP LTD EC1000 that came stock with one. The 1000 series LTDs that come with them stock are the most cost-efficient way to get into the Evertune thing.

The Evertune performed as advertised. It never, ever went out of tune, no matter how violent the bend or how much temperature changed in the room.

What I didn't like was the slight decrease in sensitivity mentioned above. In order to bend strings - since you can set the Evertune so that pitch doesn't change even if you bend strings - you have to set things up at the precise point between "can't change pitch at all" and "Evertune is off, guitar can go out of tune like a normal guitar". Finding that point can be fiddly, and for a player like me who's way into vibrato and microtonal bends, it was frustrating. I never found the mythical point where bending acted 100% like a conventional guitar.

What was also oddly disconcerting was how in tune the guitar was, intonation-wise. What I mean is that probably most of us have gotten used to the sound of electric guitar as a slightly out-of-tune instrument in terms of intonation, since perfect intonation is impossible on a conventionally made guitar. I don't know if Evertune is actually a true temperament system; if not, it's much closer to one than a conventional guitar. It was strange playing all over the fretboard and having unusual/wide interval chords be in tune completely and precisely. You would think that's not a problem, but I felt like I was playing a piano, not a guitar. The whole vibe changed.

I can see Evertune being great for certain applications, like tracking rhythm guitars in the studio or some kinds of live rhythm playing (power chords, stuff with not much nuance). Psychologically it's powerful never to worry about falling out of tune, but it's also psychologically detrimental to feel like one has condoms on one's fingers.

A better solution for me personally would be a blocked (or fixed) double-locking bridge. I'm used to ye olde hex wrenches with Floyd saddles and nuts, and if the bridge is fixed/blocked, then it's simple to lock stuff down. This method won't yield "never gets out of tune" like Evertune, but it yields "stays in tune 90 or 95% of the time", which is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Here’s a thread I started about three months ago. Some info in there.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...light=Evertune
              Great thread. Thanks PFD.

Comment

Mmm no thx

Just put DRs and a locking nut on a hardtail if tuning is so annoying
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

The fact that it might interfere with string bending would be a show stopper for me. Deep bends is a lot of my "style", so to speak.
                  Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-21-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Even if it isn't perfect, I love that every few years someone comes up with something new. It might be robot tuners or the Evertune, or those Peavey AutoTune guitars (all of which didn't set the market on fire), people are still innovating. I am on the side of the innovators here- tying strings around a turning post seems archaic in this day and age.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I too, love technology and innovation in most things, but this one sounds like it might not work for me. IIRC, there's an acoustic maker who does a similar thing. They actually run an extra set of strings up through the neck to balance the pull on the neck. Been a long time since I read about them. I think I read about it from the Shoreline Music website.

Comment

For metal and rhythm players it could be cool. I decided I need to downsize my guitars, not specialize.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks Trey. I'll check it out.
                          Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
                          Last edited by carlajiji; 09-12-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X