NSSD!! (New Shred Stick Day!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSSD!! (New Shred Stick Day!!)

Bought an 80’s shred stick last week and tracking shows that it’s delivered!!
    Pics to follow once I get home from work and unbox it.
    Hint:
    Japanese made in the ESP factory (at least the neck was. I’m not sure about the body)

I bought it with no pickups installed and I have a set that I ordered and should be delivered any day now....

From Russia with Love...
    That’s a little pickup hint...

Re: NSSD!! (New Shred Stick Day!!)

Comment

Any guesses?

The frets and board are in very good condition considering this guitar is what 32 years old now?

Comment

And I’m really excited about this

Comment

This end up??

Shipper doesnt know jack about shipping guitars, check for damage
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Kramer Pacer Imperial? did it come with any electronics? what do you plan for pickups?
            Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
            Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
              Kramer Pacer Imperial? did it come with any electronics? what do you plan for pickups?
              Close!
              Kramer Focus 2000

I’ve got a set of Fokin pickups on order. Should be here fairly shortly.
              Bridge is his “Hot Breeze” pickup
              Neck will be the “Rocket Queen”
              In double cream.
              All of the electronics are there with the exception of the pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                This end up??

Shipper doesnt know jack about shipping guitars, check for damage
                The guitar was packed perfectly..what are you even taking about?

Comment

Should have at least been double boxed. But if it got there without damage, that's all that counts at this point.

Comment

It was fine. Inside a leather gig bag wrapped with bubble wrap.

I love how people that don’t have all the facts think they know everything.
                    I’m sorry I posted a NGD. Won’t happen again.

Every time somebody posts something that they are excited about there ALWAYS somebody that just has to come along and **** in the cereal.
                    UnF’in-believable.
                    EVERY TIME.

I post a NGD and all that people can comment on is the F’in box???!!!???
                    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 08-22-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I'm going to pass on something a fellow member told me not too long ago...simmer down

Nice NGD, I knew what it was as soon as you said MIJ ESP factory. They are slick things...neck is completely different then all my others (I'm assuming yours is the same) really narrow but not flat at the back, smaller frets...makes for an interesting feel. Hows the finish on your neck? Mine is damn near raw feeling. Give that floyd a bath, pop in those pickups and you're off to the races.

In re: shipping guitars...I really don't understand why people don't just take the neck off bolt-ons when shipping.
                      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                        I'm going to pass on something a fellow member told me not too long ago...simmer down [emoji6]

Nice NGD, I knew what it was as soon as you said MIJ ESP factory. They are slick things...neck is completely different then all my others (I'm assuming yours is the same) really narrow but not flat at the back, smaller frets...makes for an interesting feel. Hows the finish on your neck? Mine is damn near raw feeling. Give that floyd a bath, pop in those pickups and you're off to the races.

In re: shipping guitars...I really don't understand why people don't just take the neck off bolt-ons when shipping.
                        Lol....how can I dispute that advise.
                        Point taken! [emoji854][emoji854]

The finish on the neck is like you said...almost raw. Whatever it is, is super thin. My MIM Strat has a really light lacquer finish and this one (Kramer) is significantly thinner. It feels really smooth.
                        It’s contour is thin and slightly wide, which kind of surprised me since it’s an R2 nut. I measured it this morning and it’s right in between 1 5/8 and 1 11/16. So im really happy with that. I typically prefer a 1 11/16 width.

What would you say is the best way to clean up the Floyd? I’ve never actually done that before. Maybe just get in there with a solvent of some kind and a toothbrush? And follow up with some 3-in-1 oil for the bolts etc?

I should have no problem wiring in the pickups but I’m going to attempt my first Floyd setup with this guitar. Worst case, I’ll have to bring it to my local shop if I can’t get it right.
                        Last edited by Gtrjunior; 08-22-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          It was fine. Inside a leather gig bag wrapped with bubble wrap.

I love how people that don’t have all the facts think they know everything.
                          I’m sorry I posted a NGD. Won’t happen again.

Every time somebody posts something that they are excited about there ALWAYS somebody that just has to come along and **** in the cereal.
                          UnF’in-believable.
                          EVERY TIME.

I post a NGD and all that people can comment on is the F’in box???!!!???
                          Wasn't my intention to piss in your cornflakes.

Looks in great shape for it's age. Hope you enjoy it. Congrats.

Comment

I usually just take everything apart, give it a quick bath in WD-40 (I've been told stuff with teflon in it works great as well) then just give everything a good scrub...toothbrush or just a cloth if it's nothing too gunked on. Yours just looks like dirt/ dust in there so it should clean up real fast.

TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I'd love to see in-process pics as you restore this.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X