Post Your Acoustic Guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Your Acoustic Guitars...

I think both of those are nice. Alvarez is known for making very good acoustic guitars, so even if you have a lower end model, it's likely to still be very good; and it's beautiful. Same with the Balladeer 12 string. For years I wanted an Ovation acoustic, especially like that green one posted above, but I could never afford one when I was younger. Ovations are fine playing guitars that play more effortlessly than many other acoustics. Ease of playability is what drew me to Taylor, but even the 300 series of guitars are not cheap, at over $1000 used.

I think you should be very happy with what you have.

Originally posted by Niloy63 View Post
    I don't have any high end (or even mid level) acoustics, but I love the way mine they play!

Alvarez AD222CU

Ovation 12-String Balladeer 2751AX
    My Sound Clips

Comment

My baby... Martin HD-28V.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        My baby... Martin HD-28V.

I love my Marin but the shorter scale of the Hummingbird is so much easier on my fingers
        Plays like an electric
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That is a cool story and I think the looks of the guitar are fantastic, like it's had a full life. Nice solution to filling the cracks and adding the lacquer. I bet it sounds amazing!

Originally posted by mxaniac
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]92200[/ATTACH]

I'm told it's a 1950's Gibson Country Western. I remember as a small child my dad telling me about these crazy rockstars smashing their guitars on stage so I used to imagine that's what happened to this. In reality it got too dried out and the wood cracked, but the imagination of child made a much more interesting image So after sitting around since the early 70s I thought I'd see about making it playable again. All the luthiers told me it would cost way too much to restore so I ended up filling in the cracks with sawdust and PVA and spraying the top with lacquer. It had a rectangular hole cut in the side so I curved a piece of mahogany and glued it in place. New tuning key knobs and a nut and it sounds great. I got rid of a Yamaha from Fujigen Gakki plant and an Ibanez because I liked this much better.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            I love my Marin but the shorter scale of the Hummingbird is so much easier on my fingers
            Plays like an electric
            Some day I’d kind of like to get a slope shouldered mahogany Gibson to pair with it. However, this Martin is one of the best guitars I’ve ever heard. When I play it I think “nothing could sound better than this!” so why even look?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My Seagull Cameo Artist

Comment

^
                The binding looks great on that guitar and great looking backside. Nice axe for sure.

;>)/
                sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Here's my Takamine Jasmine acoustic steel string guitar I bought back quite a few years ago at a pawn shop. It came with a hard shell case and the guitar has built in electronics that includes an EQ and volume controls. It also has an LED light to indicate if the battery is low. The fret board has bound edges just like on the body and I really like the wood on the sides and back of the guitar. It plays very well and sounds very resonant...a keeper for sure.

;>)/
                  sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                  X