banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought A Used Ovation And................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought A Used Ovation And................

I have two Ovations and an old Applause that I’ve owned for over 30 years... all are fine instruments with low action that sound and play wonderfully. I’ve played tons of them over the years and simply can’t imagine one that doesn’t play well.
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

I’ve played tons of them over the years and simply can’t imagine one that doesn’t play well.
      Imagine harder.
      Believe me - they ARE out there.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        Imagine harder.
        Believe me - they ARE out there.
        I’m sure EVERY guitar manufacturer has a few that get past their QC, but my opinion still stands.

I’m actually kind of surprised to hear you call yourself a luthier, I’d have never guessed it from the things you have to say... or maybe it’s just the rude way that you present your opinions that makes me feel like automatically dismissing them.
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Ovations used to sort of be The Pinnacle for me as far as acoustic guitars- but acoustic has never been my primary instrument (in fact I don't like playing acoustic,) which is likely in part what attracted me to them.

On top of that- A friend had two that played quite well, and my Uncle cherishes his; also as mentioned, I never really experienced one new at a store that didn't at least work well out of the box. At a certain stage my sonic preference shifted away from them, but I still agree with their ergonomics/playability a bit more than most 'conventional' acoustics.

Pretty intrigued by the aluminum fretboard; I feel like I'd grab one for the novelty. Not many casual guitarists actually play the frets down on any guitar anyway, but wonder how aluminum's durability would fare in regular use. Seems meant for a disposable world.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I used to have an '89 collector's series. It was a fantastic guitar. Great tone plugged in or just acoustic.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m actually kind of surprised to hear you call yourself a luthier
              Well, this is my "shingle" around 1987 when my shop was in a large music store in Wichita....
              Tell you anything?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image8.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5809631
              Last edited by ICTGoober; 09-10-2018, 11:16 PM.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X