banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best advice for removing glued tuners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best advice for removing glued tuners...

I know you like the double ring tuner buttons. I just replaced the Grover Rotomatics in my Tribute with Schaller G-series vintage style machines. I didn't care about the double rings on the buttons but the Schallers were the double ring version. They go in the 10mm holes and use the modern, threaded bushings and top washers. I know you're set but just offering an option if you ever want to try and cover the scars up top of the headstock without bothering with re-finishing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schallersm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	5809907

Click image for larger version

Name:	schallerbck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	5809908
    Last edited by Darg1911; 10-01-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

^^ Thanks for posting that. I was unaware that schaller made vintage style tuners. Like I said before, I wasn't dead set on any brand, but the actual tuner buttons. Would've loved a set of hipshot tuners, but to my knowledge at the time, only kluson made double ring tuning buttons. Cool, I think I'll be buying a set for my SG restoration. I might switch them down the road if they work well in the SG.

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
        ^^ Thanks for posting that. I was unaware that schaller made vintage style tuners. Like I said before, I wasn't dead set on any brand, but the actual tuner buttons. Would've loved a set of hipshot tuners, but to my knowledge at the time, only kluson made double ring tuning buttons. Cool, I think I'll be buying a set for my SG restoration. I might switch them down the road if they work well in the SG.
        No problem. I had two sloppy Grover Rotomatics on the Tribute and decided to replace them with vintage style machines. I just happened to come across the Schallers for $41 (plus $5 shipping, I think) at the Stratosphere on fleebay and they happened to be the ones with double ring buttons. I didn't know they had them with double rings either. The single ring Schallers seem a lot more common. They are 16:1 and smooth. Nice machines.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Comment

Working...
        X