NGD the sparrow flies at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD the sparrow flies at night

I'm going to wait to give a more in depth review. After I have spent more time with it. But so far it's actually pretty cool. It looks a lot better in person than in pics. The tone is almost like a tele and sg had a baby. Even without the coil taps there is a spankiness and brightness to it. But has no problem getting heavy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_130546.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	5849151

Re: NGD the sparrow flies at night

Interesting. That's a huge chunk of wood behind the bridge. How does it feel when standing (hanging from strap)?
    Is it a neck-diver?

Comment

I haven't noticed any neck dive. But I use wide leather straps. The body looks a lot bigger in pics. It's about the same size as a firebird. There's not a lot more space from the bridge to the edge of the body than what's on an SG. Maybe a little more its been a bit since I played one.
      Weight is right at 8 pounds so its not too heavy.

Comment

Happy new guitar day. Interesting guitar. Have not seen one in person yet.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            Interesting. That's a huge chunk of wood behind the bridge. How does it feel when standing (hanging from strap)?
            Is it a neck-diver?
            This is what I thought when I first saw the pic. Had a little chuckle when
            I read your response. Might just be the angle. I kinda dig it. Looking
            forward to a more in depth review. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

nice! love the look

Comment

I like it when people get these off-the-beaten-path axes.

What's the neck profile like? The Eclipse-shaped sig had a tiny neck, so I'm guessing this one has that also.

Comment

There seems to be a resurgence in non-reverse Firebird type guitars these days, which is definitely not a bad thing. What's the scale on the neck?
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Congratulations! That one looks like a monsta. I've got a Silverburst RD that looks a lot like that one, it's beautiful but I've never really played it.
                    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Working...
                    X