Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIRING DIAGRAM HELP!!!!!

hey everyone,

in need of a hectic guitar wiring diagram but I cant find what I want anywhere.

I've got a HH setup, 2 volumes and 2 tones, and I want to have the option with each pickup to put it into series, single, and then parallel, as well as putting each pickup in and out of phase.

theres something like it on the guitar electronics wiring diagram page but its not the same as what im thinking as it gives the option to put the neck and bridge in both series and parallel switching but not the bridge pickup in and out of phase.

/Users/kyletricarico/Desktop/wd2hh3t22_08__81316.1470694451.1280.1280.jpg

can anyone provide a diagram that shows how to wire the idea I have in my head? or add an extra switch for the bridge based on the diagram I've added?

cheers,
    Kyle.

WIRING DIAGRAM HELP!!!!!

Hi Kyle,

I can’t see the picture for the link you tried to post, but if the diagram you’re looking at has the ability to only put the neck pickup out of phase, then you have everything covered.

The “out of phase” sound is only possible when using two pickups simultaneously. When you put a pick up out of phase, you essentially flip a switch that runs it backward (from ground to hot instead of hot to ground). By itself, the pickup has no change in sound, but when paired with another pickup it gives a cool, “cocked wah“ sound.

Here’s the thing… Because the pickups don’t actually care which direction the electrons flow, they ONLY do the out of phase sound when one pickup is out of phase with the other. There’s no difference in sound between putting the bridge out of phase with the neck or vice versa. In fact, if you had an out of phase switch for each pickup and you had them both on, the pickups would be IN phase and you would have the normal sound.

In short, you only need one OOP switch for a two pickup guitar.

I hope that helps!
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Re: WIRING DIAGRAM HELP!!!!!

I think you may get the sounds you want from blending these two diagrams from Guitar electronics.
      Guitar wiring diagram with 2 humbuckers, 3-way toggle switch, two volumes and two tone controls, plus a push/pull switch on the neck volume control to select humbucker or single coil mode and a push/pull switch on the bridge volume control to combine the neck and bridge pickups in series or parallel. In single coil mode, the North coil of the neck pickup and the South coil of the bridge pickup are selected. Note: to access the series mode, the pickup selector switch must be in the neck position. Click diagram image to open/view full size version.   Ready to get started? Don't forget the Wire, Solder, Shielding & Supplies. Copyright© GuitarElectronics.com LLC. Unauthorized replication is prohibited.

Gibson style guitar wiring diagram with 2 humbuckers, 3-way toggle switch, one volume and two tone controls, plus one push/pull switch to select humbucker or single coil mode and one push/pull switch to select reverse phase (neck). InSelecting single coil mode selects the North coil of the neck pickup and the South coil of the bridge pickup. Click diagram image to open/view full size version.   Ready to get started? Don't forget the Wire, Solder, Shielding & Supplies. Copyright© GuitarElectronics.com LLC. Unauthorized replication is prohibited.

Not sure how exactly though.
      As stated by BriGuy, only one pickup needs the phase switching.

Comment

Re: WIRING DIAGRAM HELP!!!!!

You will need 2 separate toggle switchs for the series/single/parallel, and either a pushpull or another toggle for the OOP for the one pickup as Briguy has said.
        There are plenty of diagrams for the toggles on google. And the output from those simply goes to a regular 2V, 2T diagram with the switch you have.
        Last edited by AlexR; 09-26-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X