X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your KRAMER Thread!!!

My two current Kramers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-14-2018, 03:27 PM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Re: Post Your KRAMER Thread!!!

Used to have this Duke bass

Currently have this very modified guitar.. it’s an 80s Kramer that was broken in half.

I’m in the process of putting it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Both unique and I dig that finish on the Strat.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I have a bunch of stuff that is currently pieced out and is merely waiting for the time and money necessary to assemble them. I do, however, have these three:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_8051.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	5810089

This is a NOS Sustainer build during the Christmas of 2018. The neck was still undrilled when I got it, and it has previously unused Sustainer electronics in it. It isn't the most resonant guitar that I own, but for a more metal type of sound it is excellent. I don't care for metal knobs, so I've switched to plastic ones here.

Name:	B12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	5810090

Baretta ca. 1988. This was bought used, primarily for the rare maple neck. It was pretty cheap, but it is very well used, and I will be looking into refinishing and refretting the neck in time. The stupid stickers on the case were there when I bought it. This, in my opinion, might well be the coolest guitar shape ever made. It balances between traditional rock n' roll guitars and metal machines, and that is kind of where I am as a player as well. The double recess also helps for upper-fret access – it isn't just for show – but it also gives it a unique look that I am genuinely surprised that nobody has tried to copy.

Name:	SAM_0627[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	5810091

My take on Reb Beach's Pacer from the early Winger days. This is a 1986 Pacer Deluxe that was parted out. I managed to get hold of the body body and a maple neck like it originally had, which is quite an achievement, given how rare those are. Whilst I prefer a recessed Floyd, the finish on this is cooler than Reb's. Apparently it started out as translucent blue, but it has gained a greenish tint over the years, so that the original seller mistook it for emerald.

Once my economic situation is secure I plan to complete the other ones, and to try to get myself a ProAxe, which I always thought was a cooler version of the Nightswan. The Stagemasters are also nice but they are getting awfully expensive.

I love the heritage of these instruments, the role they have played in rock history, and the story of the company's rise and fall. For rock I would always pick something that either is a Kramer or is channeling the Kramer. (I decided not to use the attached photo, but I can't find a way to remove it. Oh well...)
        Last edited by Sirion; 10-14-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

(I decided not to use the attached photo, but I can't find a way to remove it. Oh well...)
          In the upper right hand corner of this (or any) page, is a small link that says "settings". It's on the same line as your user name when signed in; click on it. When the next page loads, there will be many selections on the left hand side. Almost all the way to the bottom is the category "miscellaneous", which has the option "attachments"; click on it. That brings up all of your attachments. Click the box of the attachment you want to remove and hit "delete" at the bottom of the page.

That bothersome pic at the bottom of your post will magically disappear.

BTW guys, really nice guitars. Keep the pics coming.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Not my first [flip/flop pink Striker 600 w/ X2n and dual Choppers)

Unknown model with Screaming' Demon bridge:

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	5810092

A dirt cheap KS400 "aged" by me, with a DiMaerzio Fasttrack 2 in bridge with tap. My "Blues or Iron Maiden" Strat

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	5810093
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
              In the upper right hand corner of this (or any) page, is a small link that says "settings". It's on the same line as your user name when signed in; click on it. When the next page loads, there will be many selections on the left hand side. Almost all the way to the bottom is the category "miscellaneous", which has the option "attachments"; click on it. That brings up all of your attachments. Click the box of the attachment you want to remove and hit "delete" at the bottom of the page.

That bothersome pic at the bottom of your post will magically disappear.

BTW guys, really nice guitars. Keep the pics coming.
              Thanks! That worked perfectly, and I even realized that I could include another photo I had uploaded here previously:
              Attached Files

Comment

Late ‘85/86 ESP made Focus 2000
                Fokin pickups
                OFR
                I gigged with it for the first time last weekend.
                It performed flawlessly and sounded tremendous.

Comment

I have a bunch of stuff that is currently pieced out and is merely waiting for the time and money necessary to assemble them. I do, however, have these three:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93292[/ATTACH]

This is a NOS Sustainer build during the Christmas of 2018. The neck was still undrilled when I got it, and it has previously unused Sustainer electronics in it. It isn't the most resonant guitar that I own, but for a more metal type of sound it is excellent. I don't care for metal knobs, so I've switched to plastic ones here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93293[/ATTACH]

Baretta ca. 1988. This was bought used, primarily for the rare maple neck. It was pretty cheap, but it is very well used, and I will be looking into refinishing and refretting the neck in time. The stupid stickers on the case were there when I bought it. This, in my opinion, might well be the coolest guitar shape ever made. It balances between traditional rock n' roll guitars and metal machines, and that is kind of where I am as a player as well. The double recess also helps for upper-fret access – it isn't just for show – but it also gives it a unique look that I am genuinely surprised that nobody has tried to copy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93294[/ATTACH]

My take on Reb Beach's Pacer from the early Winger days. This is a 1986 Pacer Deluxe that was parted out. I managed to get hold of the body body and a maple neck like it originally had, which is quite an achievement, given how rare those are. Whilst I prefer a recessed Floyd, the finish on this is cooler than Reb's. Apparently it started out as translucent blue, but it has gained a greenish tint over the years, so that the original seller mistook it for emerald.

Once my economic situation is secure I plan to complete the other ones, and to try to get myself a ProAxe, which I always thought was a cooler version of the Nightswan. The Stagemasters are also nice but they are getting awfully expensive.

I love the heritage of these instruments, the role they have played in rock history, and the story of the company's rise and fall. For rock I would always pick something that either is a Kramer or is channeling the Kramer. (I decided not to use the attached photo, but I can't find a way to remove it. Oh well...)
                  Those all foreground. Nice job on the Sustainer and I LOVE just about any Maple Fretboard Kramers! Great group of Kramers you have there.
                  MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Some very nice guitars you all have!
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                      Those all foreground. Nice job on the Sustainer and I LOVE just about any Maple Fretboard Kramers! Great group of Kramers you have there.
                      Thanks! I'm away from home at the moment, but I realize that I have one photo of an unfinished guitar. This body has a battery cavity not quite like the Sustainer, and was apparently a never-finished attempt at making a Pacer Imperial with EMGs. That neck is either going on this or on a candy apple red Baretta I with double-scooped horn; I can't make up my mind.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93293[/ATTACH]

The double recess also helps for upper-fret access – it isn't just for show – but it also gives it a unique look that I am genuinely surprised that nobody has tried to copy.
                        The lower horn scoop? ESPs and Charvels had em.
                        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

ESP made those bodies for Kramer.
                          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I'm away from home at the moment, but I realize that I have one photo of an unfinished guitar. This body has a battery cavity not quite like the Sustainer, and was apparently a never-finished attempt at making a Pacer Imperial with EMGs. That neck is either going on this or on a candy apple red Baretta I with double-scooped horn; I can't make up my mind.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
                            That’ll be BADAZZ!
                            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                            1988 Kramer Nightswan
                            1989 Charvel Sambora
                            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                              Nice! Both unique and I dig that finish on the Strat.
                              Thanks. There’s some history to the Strat. Back in the 80s I worked at American Showster guitars. They made a guitar that looked like a 1957 Chevy tail fin. Those are all the original Chevy colors like Tropical Turquoise and Matador Red. The guy who did the spraying left the body in the spray booth and would squirt some paint on it when he was emptying the gun. He had it painted like EVH before the body cracked in a fall. The head was also broken off.

The Duke bass appears to be either a prototype or a very early model. It has some non standard features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X