Maple neck for my project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maple neck for my project

I have no clue why they want 641 anyway, probably for more tremolo range? Ive got a perfectly intonated parts strat with screws at 644 mm from the nut, Fender/Fender-style 6 screw trems have some saddle range after all

Mine has like 5mm more to spare on the 6th string if you cut the saddle springs (might have to use short screws? Not sure), 640 should be doable then

Depends on your choice of saddles though I guess, I'm running oldskool bent ones

As a last resort, there's also THIS wacky approach, which will give you a whole bunch of adjustment range to spare:

(Image not mine, shamelessly stolen from telecaster people's forum)
    Last edited by Adieu; 11-06-2018, 02:19 PM.
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

What's up with the treated #10 deck screws at the joint? Am I seeing things?

I redo the frets....
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I finally had some time and took everything to the workshop. After about 5 hours of measuring, drilling, screwing and soldering I put everything together. Plays great and is perfectly intonated with 9-46 strings.

Thank you all for your help and advise, I couldn’t have done it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

Working...
        X