banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’ve always wanted one of these... (JP Les Paul)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve always wanted one of these... (JP Les Paul)

I’ve wanted one of these since HS in the 90’s. Looks like I should have made it happen, they are increasing in price!

This is a great Les Paul, a used Gibson Jimmy Page Les Paul from the 1990s, the first of a few different signature models for the revered Rock guitarist. This 1998-built Les Paul has a flame maple top over a solid mahogany body, with a more rounded profile mahogany neck than the 1st slim version of the guitar, Gibson 4
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: I’ve always wanted one of these... (JP Les Paul)

Well it's sure a nice guitar with the gold hardware but almost $7,000 for it?!?! That's a pretty steep price for a run of the mill Les Paul guitar.

;>)/
    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Well, the price says $5,000 when I access the link, and it's not a run of the mill LP. It's a Jimmy Page signature guitar with an AA top, Jimmy Page wiring, 59' LP neck profile and historic hardware with the ABR-1 and studs vs. the normal Nashville bridge and studs. All of the Jimmy Page sig guitars hold their value well and are more pricy.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

it must be such a good deal because Jimmy Page didn't sign this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
          Well, the price says $5,000 when I access the link, and it's not a run of the mill LP. It's a Jimmy Page signature guitar with an AA top, Jimmy Page wiring, 59' LP neck profile and historic hardware with the ABR-1 and studs vs. the normal Nashville bridge and studs. All of the Jimmy Page sig guitars hold their value well and are more pricy.
          These were like $2,500 new twenty years ago, right?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            These were like $2,500 new twenty years ago, right?
            $2500 was a bit more valuable 20 years ago...

But with an LP, that's kinda bs, because it's still an LP with very minor tweaks, and the LPs that hold and increase value are still gonna be 30-40 years older.

Sig guitars never go up in value in a big way unless it's some contest award where they physically play your future guitar, sign it on camera, and then let you take pictures partying with the band backstage...or much at all unless some huge lawsuit stops production and they're an oddball that isn't actually supposed to exist but somehow does
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I wonder if Jimmy's DNA is all over it?

;>)/
              sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

I must admit for that amount of money I’d rather have an R7,8 or 9. Don’t get me wrong they are nice guitars but they are not custom shop guitars like the one from a few years ago.

Comment

Btw, an anyone-signature les paul is a bloody oxymoron, since it's LES PAUL'S signature guitar

Especially since they only one with any significant deviation from the LES PAUL signature model is the Alex Lifeson model, which actually WAS a buncha genuine changes co-designed with the dude whose name was on it.... which is probably why it got its own name, the Les Paul Axcess model, rather than that signature-in-signature nonsense
                  Last edited by Adieu; 10-19-2018, 02:57 PM.
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

It’s possible to find a better (more accurate) ‘59 reissue that’s been modded for around $4000 then put in the ‘correct’ pickups and wiring for the same or less total.

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                      I wonder if Jimmy's DNA is all over it?

;>)/
                      You might have to ask Lori Maddox that question.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                        I must admit for that amount of money I’d rather have an R7,8 or 9. Don’t get me wrong they are nice guitars but they are not custom shop guitars like the one from a few years ago.
                        Yes I agree. I’m just fascinated that most guitars depreciate but the original Jimmy Page run, the Slash AFD, the Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates and a few others all appreciated.

I’m saving Les Paul money, and I’m debating something like two traditionals vs a historic...
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

A$7,492.00
                          That's what I get when I go to the ad. Pass.
                          sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                          - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I kinda wanted one too when they came out. Lucky for me, I can deal with a 50s neck..
                            yeah, prices have gone up a bunch.. I remember back in the late 80s.. wanted a Black LP Custom. They were $1999.00 then and I couldnt swing it. Wish I had, cuz I sure cant do the $4k now...
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              Yes I agree. I’m just fascinated that most guitars depreciate but the original Jimmy Page run, the Slash AFD, the Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates and a few others all appreciated.

I’m saving Les Paul money, and I’m debating something like two traditionals vs a historic...
                              Yeah I agree that if you are after something that seems to be appreciating in value they are worth considering. I don’t see mine like that, I’ve modded it and played the crap out of it and it’s still my go to guitar even though I have a few really really other top draw guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X