Guitar center /Gibson shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar center /Gibson shipping?

good day players, i just bought two Gibsons one will arrive in a few days, i bought it from Guitar Center (brand new) and the Gibson comes with a hard case, my shipping email seem to reflect the case will come seperate from the guitar and i called gc and a lady said they dothat to protect the guitar?
    WTF?
    is this really true? if a guitar comes with a case they seperate them? and ship in two orders?
    And the Meek shall inherit the Earth

Re: Guitar center /Gibson shipping?

That sure don't make sense to me. The guitar case would add much better protection for your guitar so I don't see the logic with GC.

;>)/
    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

ive actually read this on the internet as well as GC telling me this. im scared to death right now, is it actually possible for a guitar to be safer shipping with out a case?

Comment

a quick addendum"

i just called again and they said it WILL be shipped in the Gibson case/box

Wow

Comment

Yeah - two boxes made no sense. Would just cost more in shipping fees.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

the second person i talked to said they just got some new employees and said that might have been it,
            ill know when i get it.

Comment

the second person i talked to said they just got some new employees and said that might have been it, ill know when i get it.
              Ninth Circle of Hell Music is not known for hiring the brightest of bulbs as employees.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Deathviper1777 View Post
                good day players, i just bought two Gibsons one will arrive in a few days, i bought it from Guitar Center (brand new) and the Gibson comes with a hard case, my shipping email seem to reflect the case will come seperate from the guitar and i called gc and a lady said they dothat to protect the guitar?
                WTF?
                is this really true? if a guitar comes with a case they seperate them? and ship in two orders?
                I bought a LP Special last year from Sam Ash....the guitar shipped in he case.
                I don’t see any advantage to taking it out....?

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                  Ninth Circle of Hell Music is not known for hiring the brightest of bulbs as employees.
                  that was a great post!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                    I bought a LP Special last year from Sam Ash....the guitar shipped in he case.
                    I don’t see any advantage to taking it out....?

i would rather it be sent in a case. in the case that comes with the guitar that is. ill be sure to let people know how it comes to me. I bought an SG and another LP pretty close together, the SG came shipped in a Gibson box with the hard case inside (with the guitar)

Comment

it may be a random case for like a strat

it didnt say a gibson case
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It will most likely be shipped in the case. If it's not and there are any issues, send it back, then take your refund and buy one from Sweetwater. They actually hire people who aren't complete morons, they have excellent customer service, and the salesman you deal with will be the same one eveytime.
                        sigpic
                        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
                          It will most likely be shipped in the case. If it's not and there are any issues, send it back, then take your refund and buy one from Sweetwater. They actually hire people who aren't complete morons, they have excellent customer service, and the salesman you deal with will be the same one eveytime.
                          i have bought many guitars from Sweetwater, this particular case was using some coupons etc so i pulled the trigger,

Comment

Working...
                          X