Piezo String-Thru Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo String-Thru Bridges

Gearing up for a new project, looking at a Fender Starcaster/Warmoth Mooncaster build. Looking at Mahogany+Spruce top body with a Mahogany+Ebony neck.

Stuck on the bridge–wanted to go with a Bigsby but have never jived with one...not even a little bit. First thought was to go with a vintage style Strat bridge but I think the tune-o-matic would look better. Not quite sure what route to go.

Anywho, looking preferably for a String Thru bridge that can be a Piezo as well.

Thoughts?

Re: Piezo String-Thru Bridges

Graph Tech Ghost or Fishman Pro Tele 101 Power Bridge.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

What Preamp will you use for the Piezo bridge?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Unless Fishman has updated the powerbridge recently, the GraphTech Ghost sounds far better. Neither one really sounds all that close to an actual acoustic without some additional processing, but the Ghost was far less plinky and plastic sounding IME.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          What Preamp will you use for the Piezo bridge?
          An Acousti-Phonic (Graph Tech) or Power Chip (Fishman).

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Fishman's always sounded very sterile...but to be fair its been a good while since I last used one.

No idea on the Pre-Amp yet–haven't looked into these in quite some time.

Comment

The mahogany and ebony neck sounds very intriguing. I love ebony FB's.

;>)/
              sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                The mahogany and ebony neck sounds very intriguing. I love ebony FB's.
                Thanks! Huge fan of Ebony boards too–wish I could've gotten my dad's old Ovation Breadwinner that had an Ebony board.

I've used it on a Warmoth 7/8 Strat that was really cool. Big fan of Ebony.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                  Thanks! Huge fan of Ebony boards too–wish I could've gotten my dad's old Ovation Breadwinner that had an Ebony board.

I've used it on a Warmoth 7/8 Strat that was really cool. Big fan of Ebony.
                  I don't know why Fender never made ebony FB's on their Stratocasters and other guitars. I guess these days I think they have ebony FB's now through their custom shop. Anyway I hope your project turns out well. I think it's very rewarding building your own guitar...you feel more connected to it and you can take pride in what you put together.

;>)/
                  sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                    I don't know why Fender never made ebony FB's on their Stratocasters and other guitars. I guess these days I think they have ebony FB's now through their custom shop. Anyway I hope your project turns out well. I think it's very rewarding building your own guitar...you feel more connected to it and you can take pride in what you put together.
                    Thanks! Looking forward to it, although it will be a bit before I start. Still working on the plans.

Comment

Working...
                    X