Questions for Alex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Alex

It's not every day we get a big name on this website, even if it's just to respond to a review. Not that I want this thread to get locked too, I just wanted to ask some questions about your brand and artistic process.

How do you decide where the knobs and switches go? I noticed the guitars on your website have the pickup selectors further away than usual, does that come from you not changing pickup positions in a single song, accidentally hitting the switch too often or what?

Do you free hand the body carving on your guitars? The body on an electric guitar is one of the parts that doesn't have to be precise, unlike the bridge and tuners. Do you carve the bodies by hand to "agree" with the grain of the wood?

What is your designing process? All of your guitars in and of themselves appear to be unique. Could you give me an example of how you came up with ideas behind one or two of your guitars?

How did you settle on your headstock shape and stamping your brand name on the body instead of the headstock?

What other cool info do you have about your brand and guitars?

Re: Questions for Alex

Thanks for the invite.
    I am thinking that instead of me writing so much here, I will just do a video answering your questions.
    I will try doing that and then post the link here when its uploaded.
    Alex

Comment

Looking forward to the videos.

;>)/
      sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

As promised, here is the link to the just completed video answering your questions.

Zachary Handcrafted Guitarsnew website - http://zacharyguitars.comold website - http://www.canamxclusive.com

Comment

Working...
        X