Turner or Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner or Fender

Hi all ... I HAVE £300 to spend on a 12 string acoustic. I am looking at either a Turner 45CE 12 string (used immac jumbo) or a Fender cd140sce 12 string (dread). Please help/advise.. I cannot choose between them. I have played several dreadnought 12 strings but never a jumbo . This will be my main and only guitar for the moment. Thanks in advance.

Turner or Fender

I would take a look at a used Seagull - I see many options on Reverb that fit your price range. I’ve enjoyed the sound and feel of every Seagull I’ve played (in their price bracket)

Seagull Coastline S12 Cedar 12-String Acoustic Guitar https://reverb.com/item/16402361-sea...m_medium=share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Turner or Fender

Look into a used Triad 10E. It doesn't double up on the E or A strings and is the best of both worlds for a 12 and 6 string. It even comes with a system to plug it into an amplifier.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Look for something used and japanese for best value for money
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          I would take a look at a used Seagull - I see many options on Reverb that fit your price range. I’ve enjoyed the sound and feel of every Seagull I’ve played (in their price bracket)

Seagull Coastline S12 Cedar 12-String Acoustic Guitar https://reverb.com/item/16402361-sea...m_medium=share

Seagull was the first thing to come to mind for me, too. Good materials, and in many cases, a solid top in a great North American guitar.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Many people will say play a guitar before you buy it, this is especially true for acoustics as the wood plays a much larger affect on the tone than an electric. On an electric you can change the strings, pickups, and wiring to get what you want from them, on an acoustic you are stuck with what you got. It's also a lot harder and more expensive to adjust the action on an acoustic.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Sound Quality and playabiity for 300 Pounds ....or $400USD?

Check out the new Breedlove Imports, Yamahas (sound good and most features -Pickups, tuner, EQ integrated) play one before you talk ****, and IF the headstock doesn't piss you off like it does me (even though it makes total functional sense) I'd say Seagull above all -best sounding I know of for $400

Never been a big fan of a $400 Fender acoustic. not bad but generally not as good as the 3 above in my experience (but they resale better) -but that changes from year to year depending on how hard Guitar Center beats them down into making a competitive Christmas starter pack

Another approach is the used market -for 400.00 if you are willing to wait for the right deal in your local market with a direct sale (Reverb wont help you here) -you could get into a used Taylor 3 series or mid line Martin or Gibson or a Korean hollow body Gretsch electric.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-07-2018, 04:43 PM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Thanks all ...The Seagull is a new brand to me ... but It's lookin favorable.. ...thanks Mincer/vinceT. I notice no-one
                said get the fender or the turner ... interesting ...are these no goes ? The fender is a reliable option but the turner is
                BEautiful and ....an equally good make (?).

Comment

get you on the fender ...reckon i'll look into the seagul then ...thanks N Ease.

Comment

Originally posted by gucci View Post
                    Thanks all ...The Seagull is a new brand to me ... but It's lookin favorable.. ...thanks Mincer/vinceT. I notice no-one
                    said get the fender or the turner ... interesting ...are these no goes ? The fender is a reliable option but the turner is
                    BEautiful and ....an equally good make (?).
                    I don’t know Turner guitars, so don’t take my non-mention as a non-recommendation!

Comment

Still check the Fenders out -as they can be pretty good (their real strength is solid body electrics of course!), but be sure to compare to the others, my jaw dropped playing a 400 dollar Seagull for the first time about 2 years ago -the tone quality was surprising, and Yamaha always delivers at that price point - Breedlove imports are new and very good -Im not even sure how much they are available around the world yet.

The best news is at the $400 price point there are so many damn good quality acoustics now -Korea, Malaysia and China are all up to speed on making a quality instrument -Don't fear any instrument with those stickers -The quality coming out of Asia is so much better in the last decade -just look at the Gretsch and Guilds semi and hollowbodies these days form Korea and Malaysia -superb quality for the price point.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                      X