banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Process Of Building A Brass Top Thinline Tele........................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Process Of Building A Brass Top Thinline Tele........................

Sounds crazy, right? Not so, my brass top guitars sound incredible. I did do something silly by trying to somewhat roast my StewMac thin line body. Oversight on my part, different woods, glue. I would put my guitar body in the oven when my wife finished baking in the oven and the oven turned off. Just while the oven was cooling down. Anyway, the body shrank, a small separation where body woods were glued together, neck pocket shrank and the brass top is now slightly oversized.

On the upside, the wife is giving me the okay to order a special Warmoth thinline build.

Re: In the Process Of Building A Brass Top Thinline Tele........................

Win/win? Fresh baked goods and a new body!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: In the Process Of Building A Brass Top Thinline Tele........................

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Win/win? Fresh baked goods and a new body!
      Yes sir........the wife is a hard sell and especially after I just lately built a left-hand Warmoth tele for my step son.

Comment

In before the "metal tone" joke.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          In before the "metal tone" joke.
          Closest thing to a "metal-head" you'll see me do.

Comment

I just ordered a Warmoth tele thinline Black Korina body with a Padouk top laminate. I requested that I'd prefer a Bloodwood top laminate and no radius on the top. I also don't want the f-hole soundhole since I'll be adding a lightning bolt soundhole to match what I have routed on the brass plate.

I already have the neck, Warmoth roasted Maple with a Rosewood fretboard, reverse headstock and stainless steel frets. Seymour Duncan pickups, '59 humbucker neck, Vintage P90 middle and a Jerry Donahue tele pickup in the bridge.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	5810718Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	5810719
              UPDATE: I cannot justify adding a brass top on this body because it is just too pretty. I ordered the body without a sound hole so I could add my own. I slightly reshaped the neck rout so that I could install a Seymour Duncan Five-Two tele neck pickup with a StewMac white pearloid pickguard.

Comment

I changed my mind about the neck pickup. Bill Lawrence humbucking strat pickup circa '85. This is what the guitar will look like.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	5810724

Comment

Working...
                X