banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of pickups should I get for my fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of pickups should I get for my fender?

I have a Fender Lonestar MIM. Not the new version. I don't know what kind of pickups it has on now but I want to swap them for something else more versatile. From nice fender cleans to metal. Will the Seymour duncan everything Axe work? My guitar is hss. can I just buy the neck and middle single coils pickups separate and add the JB humbucker? Will it give me same volume or just buy the set? That's one reason I don't like the stock ones.
    Last edited by Willy25; 11-17-2018, 07:25 PM.

Re: What type of pickups should I get for my fender?

JB will balance with single coil size humbuckers for neck and middle. The sc size hbs are pretty versatile since they give you rockin tones but still sound fendery in the strat. If you want true stratty tones, you'll have to go for true single coils or stax tho.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

The Everything Axe set is a great choice, especially if you need such a wide range of sounds. Another choice is a traditional single coil setup, but use a Pickup Booster pedal when you want to metal-it-up.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That’s two Texas Specials and a Pearly Gates Plus, right? Pretty good pickup set. What about each position do you not like? If you want more “oomph” out of the bridge, the JB could be a good option. The Texas Specials are decently hot single coils from a traditional standpoint, so any extra there will take you away from the traditional Fender sound. Do you want a Stratty neck tone or just a Stratty in between, position 2 and 4 tone? Or do you want a full on neck Humbucker?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! I will buy them separately and get the jb. Good thing they will give me strat tone. But not 100% right?

Comment

Yap!
            I bought them for you

Comment

Aren't the neck & middle from Everything Axe little buckers? Certainly WAY less than 100% Strat sound.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Rockin but still some Fendery vibe.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Here is the Everything Axe...it sort of does everything.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X