Reverend guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend guitars

Taking a poll; Pro's/con's the new Reverend guitars, any model give your opinion. If you dont now what they are see here https://monster-music.reverbsites.com/brand/reverend
    "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Re: Reverend guitars

Although Reverend guitars are well made and of good quality, their styling doesn’t interest me that much. The only model I’d consider would be the Sensai.
    I’m not a big fan of he Fender style offset guitars and their lineup leans heavily on that style of design.
    Don’t get me wrong...I’d happily play a Sensai if I found one at the right price but the rest of the lineup just isn’t my thing.

Comment

I'm a huge fan. I played the Airsonic W which is somewhat like a hollowbody type guitar, and was very resonant. The pick ups were amazing. Saving for it now. I also played the Double Agent which was also super nice. The guitars just FEEL good. Like you're playing a nice hunk of wood.

I put together a YouTube vid with Greg Koch playing a bunch of different ones at a recent clinic he did.
      The Ken and Greg Show at Russo Music in Asbury Park, NJ, November 7th, 2018. Reverend Guitars unveils the Russo Music exclusive Double Agent OG in Orchid Pin...

Comment

Pros - High quality guitars that are consistently built well and priced reasonably for what they are, pro-grade imports. The guitars all have locking tuners, I believe; almost certainly Reverend is the only brand to offer semihollowbodies with locking tuners stock. The guitars are well-designed with regards to ergonomics and pickups, and the bass contour knob is really useful. The Eastsider S (Tele bridge pickup, Strat neck/middle pickups and bridge) has a really cool design. The recent addition of roasted maple necks is super cool. I've never played a bad Reverend.

Cons - Most of the time the body wood is korina, which may or may not be to your taste, tonally. The necks tend to be on the smaller side (a con for me, anyway). Aesthetics aren't for everyone - sort of a retro/new wave thing going on. Case usually must be bought separately.

This is a good brand that knows its strengths and offers great value to players.

Comment

Looks like it was designed based on a sketch of a Yamaha SG drawn by a teen who couldn't maintain the guitar's symmetrical curve.

The world doesn't need another odd-ball guitar. We already have Parker. You want value? We have LTD, Gio, Epiphone, what else, Schecter and PRS SE maybe?

Comment

Reverends are killer guitars.

Their styling, if you dig it, hit consistent home runs over and over again. A bit too quirky for some, just right for others. Their electronics are usually above average for their price range, hardware is solid, they use Wilkinson trems in many models which is an excellent choice IMO, and they're just ****ing cool and fresh looking overall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RMW1XXXXX-P.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	5810525

Yum.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Big Reverend fan. I dont care what they look like... For what I do (rock, blues), they play and sound better than practically any other guitar out there.

Someone compared them to Parker and in a way its a good comparision... Extremely well built, innovative, don't care about looks and I own both.

Of course Parker were more expensive and they are out
              of business.

Great thread and thanks to OP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
              What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
              X