• Show
Clear All

• I found a chinese luthier which seems to make accurate PRS bodies

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	5849539

I sent some master grade flamed maple and i'll show you the results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	5849540

Hoping it turns great and i'll share with you the contact.

Despite all the hate about chinese luthiers if you have the right adresses there are some guys that worked for epiphone and others those can make incredible things.

i already had made a custom lespaul which plays better than any lespaul i previously played. However you have to get the right names to have guys which really understand guitar building and conception.
    Last edited by Pat_rocks_and_rolls; 11-19-2018, 08:31 AM.

Re: I found a chinese luthier which seems to make accurate PRS bodies

I'm curious how it will turn out.

But, TBH I think that in each country you will find guys who know how to do stuff and how to do it good.

In Poland there is Wojciech Witkowski http://www.witkowskiguitars.com/
    Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
    -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

China has like 1.5 billion people.

Seeing how it ain't rocket science, they must surely have a few good luthiers among em. But... Their best stringed instrument builders sure as hell ain't former Epiphone factory washouts.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

So far so good, hope this turns out well for ya. Having owned Chinese built custom guitars in the past, the real issue is the fretting and or fretboard material. That has been the "made or break" factor for me. I'd still kill for a sweet PRS Santana with binding. A double cut Jr with a Floyd has been my Achilles heel too.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
          China has like 1.5 billion people.

Seeing how it ain't rocket science, they must surely have a few good luthiers among em. But... Their best stringed instrument builders sure as hell ain't former Epiphone factory washouts.
          I don't know how Epiphone works but if they cycle employees through the different processes, maybe the guy isn't a "washout". Maybe it's some former employee who learned how to build a guitar and has a knack for it but just got sick of being dicked by the low wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat_rocks_and_rolls View Post
            Despite all the hate about chinese luthiers if you have the right adresses there are some guys that worked for epiphone and others those can make incredible things..
            Some of those guys still work for Epiphone, and some of those Chibsons come out the “back door” of the Epi factory so to speak.

The biggest problem I’ve seen with some cheap copies from China is poor fretwork and nuts. Stuff they didn’t want to spend time doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On my Custom Chinese builds
              The nuts and hardware seemed to be the weakest part
              Setup was a bit iffy as well

The body and finish thought were superb
              Though I would have like a bit more attention to the inside of the f hole cutaway and cavity
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
              X