banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a bulk string recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a bulk string recommendation?

Just need some cheap @$$ replacement strings for the odd broke one until I feel like swapping the whole set....

STandard 10 guage.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Anyone got a bulk string recommendation?

Comment

^^^I will second that recommendation.

Comment

Excellent!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Do any of you just buy the bulk 12 packs of single gauge strings and order all 6 gauges needed to make up your set? I did the rough math and it's just shy of $3/set if I order 12 packs of 9 11 16 26 36 46. Good deal for the $$, but how is the quality? I normally buy pure nickel strings from Curt Mangan or pure nickel EB Hybrid Slinky's when I want/need to save $$.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
            Do any of you just buy the bulk 12 packs of single gauge strings and order all 6 gauges needed to make up your set? I did the rough math and it's just shy of $3/set if I order 12 packs of 9 11 16 26 36 46. Good deal for the $$, but how is the quality? I normally buy pure nickel strings from Curt Mangan or pure nickel EB Hybrid Slinky's when I want/need to save $$.
            Personally, I prefer the pure nickel wound strings and I've never seen them offered in bulk for single strings.

Comment

See, I prefer pure nickel wound too.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Since I don't play out these days, the money really isn't a big deal. Besides, I've been using Dunlop Pure Nickels and trying DR Pure Blues again. I can get them both for under $5 a set. If I were gigging enough to where string changes were a financial consideration, I'd probably just give up the pure nickel wrap and go with bulk strings. But i do have 10's and 13's (and some 17's too, I think) bought in bulk for string breaks, even at home. I've needed them (almost always 10's of course) often enough.
                Last edited by Darg1911; 11-21-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                  Yes, I do and I've been using the nickel plated steel bulk strings for many years.
                  I've been playing professionally for 55 years and I believe there is no noticable difference between these strings and other main brands like Ernie Ball or D'Addario.

I'm referring to bulk strings from "JustStrings"
                  These sound the same and last just as long for less than $3 a set.
                  I also like the option of making up my own custom sets.
                  I get 24 sets at a time ( 2X12 packs of each individual gauge)

S Mac
                  Last edited by macatt; 12-03-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hey ! Check this video (from Sweden maybe):
                    All 10-46.Daddario Nickel Wound EXL110Daddario Chromes Flat wound, Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalt, Ernie Ball Slinky Stainless SteelGibson Les Paul 1959 Standard R...

I am a steel / nickel wound player... so far... But in this video I clearly prefer the pure nickel ones.
                    Last edited by Francois; 12-03-2018, 01:01 PM.
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Sorry no pure nickel in the video...
                      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                        I was going to suggest these guys they are right down the street from me. I thought it was a music store when I walked in and nope, Just Strings.

Comment

Originally posted by macatt View Post
                          Yes, I do and I've been using the nickel plated steel bulk strings for many years.
                          I've been playing professionally for 55 years and I believe there is no noticable difference between these strings and other main brands like Ernie Ball or D'Addario.

I'm referring to bulk strings from "JustStrings"
                          These sound the same and last just as long for less than $3 a set.
                          I also like the option of making up my own custom sets.
                          I get 24 sets at a time ( 2X12 packs of each individual gauge)

S Mac
                          Dunlop, D'Addario, Ernie Ball and Curt Mangan have sounded a bit different to me. Ernie Balls being shrillest and thinnest and Dunlops muddiest and darkest. Dead sounding out of the box.
                          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I just buy D’Addario 10 packs
                            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                              I just buy D’Addario 10 packs
                              I agree. I use GHS and get their 10 packs pretty cheap everywhere online.

Comment

Working...
                              X