NGD: Variax acoustic 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Variax acoustic 700

Not really had a lot of time yet, but it sure seems perfect for what I'll be needing it: playing acoustic late night while the kids are sleeping.

I'll try to upload a sample soon

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Re: NGD: Variax acoustic 700

I own one! It is an awesome guitar. I wish they would do an upgraded model. It is great for further processing, too. It sounds amazing through a loud PA, and it is my main acoustic I have been using for shows.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just noticed that the manual says I need a trs cable? I just plugged in my regular cable and xlr to xlr to my audio interface and it worked as well?

Comment

The TRS cable is there to supply power via the speical direct box. You can use a 1/4" TS cable if you are using batteries. Batteries last about 6 hours or so.

Comment

You're right. Just checked and there were batteries inside. Did contact the seller for the trs cable though

Comment

by the way if you have any tips on how to make it sound less piezo in logic pro x or something that would be very nice

Comment

That's a nice looking acoustic, and Mincer is a good judge of tone, so you've got solid help there. I hope it works out for you exactly as you hope.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Well, I compress it and add reverb. Through a PA it sounds amazing. I only record using the 12 string setting, since I don't own an actual 12 string. I start by doing the same thing. I usually use Waves Renaissance Reverb & Compressor to the signal. It sounds a lot less 'piezo-y' than pretty much every other acoustic guitar plugged direct- and that goes for very high end Taylors and Martins.

Comment

Could you maybe share some compressor settings? Tnx!

Comment

Well, to start, begin with the compressor on the Variax controls- middle slider, I think, about 3/4 the way up. For an outboard compressor, I usually use a ratio of 2.5:1 and adjust the gain accordingly. I don't want to kill all of the dynamics, but it does make notes pop out.

Comment

Working...
                    X