X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Performer Series

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fend...sWs2zdVBTIZQaA

I like the look of the SH Tele...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Fender Performer Series

I posted on the Mustang a while ago, which is the only one that's really interesting to me as it's the first 'traditional' US Mustang we've got in over thirty years. I'm equally apprehensive though about its possible execution. Really glad they (mostly) meet the $1k price point of the American Special guitars the series is replacing.

The rest of the guitars aren't really interesting to me but I'm sure they're all fine.
    Last edited by Silence Kid; 12-03-2018, 03:13 PM.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I'm still sad that they no longer include the rhythm circuit on the Jazzmaster. It should at least be an option.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

So here's an interesting point on the Mustangs- The trem has a new design. There's an extra row of screws, apparently an extra pivot point in the middle, and (weird) no Fender logo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4698.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	5810665
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

The S-H Tele looks pretty intriguing.

;>)/
          sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

WTF is with 'Penny' as a colour? Gross. Other than that everything looks pretty samey.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              WTF is with 'Penny' as a colour? Gross. Other than that everything looks pretty samey.
              Never saw a copper Tele from the early 50's? The new American Performers are all satin. IMHO, They would look much better in gloss. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
              Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
              Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
              Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by slightly_rude View Post
                Never saw a copper Tele from the early 50's? The new American Performers are all satin. IMHO, They would look much better in gloss. To each their own.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Only some colors are satin.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
                Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
                Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
                Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  See, I like 'Penny'- it is interesting and different. I don't like the big headstocks, though.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like 'Penny' - and big stocks. They just look more complete to me when not subject to the first covenant.

Comment

I’m glad they releasing the HS tele. Would like to see the satin surf green color.
                      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I don't know. I tend to be quite cynical and I don't get the idea behind these "new" guitars. Are they really worth $450 more than the Player Series? "Made in the USA" really only means "assembled in the USA" these days for big companies like Fender. I'm not so sure that some new pickups and different colors warrant spending more on these than the Player series. I guess I'd have to play one, but the Player Series are really THAT good to me.

Comment

MIM guitars are great nowadays - I'd rank them above MIJ in a heartbeat. Then again there Mexican Fenders are now sort of expensive; perhaps not the Player Series, but a lot of the Road Worn series are $1k guitars now, made in Mexico.

I'm not even bothered by the Strat bridge on the Jazzmaster, because Fender offers about a dozen other Jazzmasters right now that *do* use the classic bridge. Choices abound. The flip has also been said about certain MIM models where it is evident the bodies are CNC'd at least in Corona. At this point I'd just pick the best one off the rack, but more options is never bad, and this series seems to offer some combinations of models that weren't previously available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            See, I like 'Penny'- it is interesting and different. I don't like the big headstocks, though.
                            The big headstocks help the sustain and warms the tone in the mids a bit IME. In the mid-60’s on some they were also thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              The big headstocks help the sustain and warms the tone in the mids a bit IME. In the mid-60’s on some they were also thicker.
                              I've never compared them, so I don't know. I just don't like the look of them. They also add a little weight to the wrong end of the guitar, shifting the balance.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X