Volume/Volume/Tone HSS Stratocaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume/Volume/Tone HSS Stratocaster?

I'm planning to rewire my HSS CV Strat as to have a 5-way switch with an auto-split in position 2 an interesting setup in regards to the potentiometers.

I want a single volume controlling the single coils and a master TBX modded to work as both a low and high pass filter with a .018 cap for the low pass and a .0015 cap for the high pass.

I also want to replace the pickups with a completely noiseless set. I want to be able to cover a lot of ground with a hot-ish neck, a clean middle, and a moderate output bridge. I want to do anything from jazz to hard rock and am fine with hybrids or magnet swaps.

What pickups will work best with this wiring scheme? Another consideration is I want to try some of SD's less "mainstream" pickups.

Edit: Also, what are your thoughts about changing position two into neck and bridge split in parallel?
    Last edited by '59; 12-09-2018, 07:34 PM.

Re: Volume/Volume/Tone HSS Stratocaster?

I tried the Hot Rails neck recently and found it pretty clean actually. So I think that would work well for your jazzy tones. You could use a Custom Flat Strat for the middle or maybe a noiseless single coil. For your moderate output bridge since you said you're open to hybrids, I recommend a double screw Distortion neck/Custom hybrid with double thick A5 or 8.

Comment

Working...
    X