X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Js32 tuning stability

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    Nope. Both came from StewMac.
    Discounted? Sale, coupon, promotion, whatever?
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
      Discounted? Sale, coupon, promotion, whatever?
      Nope. No such luck either.

Right here:

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and...lo_System.html

Note also the specs. which is the reason for my notes above i.e. they come with an R2 nut and a 37mm brass sustain block.

If anything here's what I SHOULD have bought:

Nut sold separately. And for a Jackson would have to order the smaller sustain block.

Regards,

Dale.
      Last edited by dpaterson; 12-14-2018, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
        If anything here's what I SHOULD have bought:

Nut sold separately. And for a Jackson would have to order the smaller sustain block.

Regards,

Dale.
        Have you considered Gotoh? This seems a little cheaper and more "Ibanez-y"

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
          Have you considered Gotoh? This seems a little cheaper and more "Ibanez-y"
          Nope. Will look it up. But I would want more "Jackson-y" anyway!!! LOL!!!

Nah. For better or for worse I'm a bit of a "traditionalist" so I'd probably only ever go with FR anyway. IF the Jackson hardware ever fails then I'll spend the "big bucks" I guess. Lesson learned. Just was really surprised at the quality of the Special though. And I have two so it's not like one of them was just a dud. They're both the same.

Suppose this is gonna upset one or two people but whatever:

Not limited to the above either I'll tell ya. As MANY will know I just put a Dimarzio Super Distortion into one of these Jacksons. Well I can tell you that "grunt" wise: there is little to no difference, if any, between the stock Jackson pickup and the DM SD (when wired "normal" i.e. in series). Again: no improvement by mucking with the stock Jackson stuff. Alright: this guitar is getting Invaders very shortly (but frankly: I think this is NOW more of a case of me just WANTING Invaders and acting like a brat).

Oh and also for the OP: Jackson pickups are made by an outfit called "Belcat".

Regards,

Dale.

Comment

Oh well sc**w it.

Thanks to this thread (thank you OP) I decided to leave a less than stellar review on StewMac's website for these things (apparently the review has to be moderated before appearing on the site). StewMac I MUST say are EXCELLENT when it comes to Customer Service (this based on previous and first hand experience). Let's see what happens. I paid for the stuff right??? And it IS, after all, Floyd Rose right??? Just because I ordered the stuff in May of this year and only opened a box a week or two or three ago (or however long ago it was) doesn't change anything right???

Regards,

Dale.
            Last edited by dpaterson; 12-14-2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X