CV Tele vs ‘04 MIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV Tele vs ‘04 MIM

If you were buying sight unseen for similar prices, would you go ‘04 MIM or CV?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: CV Tele vs ‘04 MIM

MIM

Comment

I've always liked the CV teles for the price point but when it was time to buy a tele I could never pull the trigger on CV, even though it was more tele bang for the buck vs upgrading MIM and Highway 1 teles like I have done. Maybe it is neck shape and nut width, CV feels a little small, not as much shoulder to the neck profile maybe. Also I'm not a fan of butterscotch blonde which is most of the CVs I've come across in person. The white one with black guard I almost got when it was time to get my player series tele but I was looking for the late 50s sound so I figured I would check the appropriate boxes on alder/maple/3 steel saddles/a5 pickups. But I think white guard on a white tele looks better and looks late 50s anyways.

So I guess for me I go Fender unless I wanted a blackguard butterscotch with that somewhat darker rounder early 50s thing going on in which case I think the CV does a great job out of the box.

Comment

Very close, but MIM. They can both be very good guitars. One thing I would look out for - I once stripped a MIM body that turned out to be five pieces, with veneers front and back. I've on the other hand seen some very low piece-count Squiers, if you care about that.
        Originally posted by King Buzzo
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

i liked the CV, the smallish neck worked great form. I did't like the thick glossy poly lacquer, so i went for a partscaster and some rattle cans with nitro.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Now that I think about it, when was the year that Fender upgraded the MIM, it was 04, right?

Comment

I think '05. The '03 and '04 I've looked at on Reverb look like small frets.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thanks, so maybe it’s a tie

Comment

Working...
                X