No announcement yet.

Gravity Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Gravity Razer Rob Chapman pick. Aside from that, acrylic picks are gross.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

They are great picks but for me, at what $5 a pick they aren’t really practical if I’m gigging. For at home use they are great though.
      My picks come out of the Altoids tin and go back in when I am done playing, so I don't plan to lose them. They last forever so for me they are worth the investment.

Comment

Not going to lie, these Dunlop Primetone sound and feel the best of ALL the picks Ive tried, the durex material has a little more attack than Tortex (which is my got to in the past)

They are expensive, I pre-apologize for bringing these into your life.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
          Not going to lie, these Dunlop Primetone sound and feel the best of ALL the picks Ive tried, the durex material has a little more attack than Tortex (which is my got to in the past)

How durable are they compared to the Tortex? I have some .73mm Tortex in guitar cases that I got back in the 80's.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

How durable are they compared to the Tortex? I have some .73mm Tortex in guitar cases that I got back in the 80's.
            About the same or better.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

About the same or better.
              Thanks, I will give them a try.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

My picks come out of the Altoids tin and go back in when I am done playing, so I don't plan to lose them. They last forever so for me they are worth the investment.
                Oh, same here. I don’t ever plan to lose picks but it seems to happen anyway. Lol

Comment

Oh, same here. I don’t ever plan to lose picks but it seems to happen anyway. Lol
                  I hold the world record for picks drown in the wash

Comment

If you are missing picks check the dryer.

Comment

I am always on the hunt for a good pick.
                      Im aware of Gravity picks, V-Picks, Dragons heart (I do have a few of these but Im not loving them) etc...
                      but I just havent pulled the trigger on them....until now.

Just for the hell of it I bought a gravity pick from sweetwater.
                      I got the 1.5mm Classic pick.
                      I was skeptical at spending $4.99 for just one pick but Ive got to say that Im pretty impressed!

Its very comfortable and stays in place without slipping. The edges have a nice bevel on them which helps the pick glide through the string effortlessly.
                      Ill be curious to see how well it holds up over time. It seems like a very solidly made pick...

I put bevels on most, if not all of my picks. You don't? It takes like 2 mins with a decent file.
                      JC
                      -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
                      -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
                      -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
                      -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
                      -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
                      -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

It's crazy, to me how many people can't hang on to their picks. In over 2 years, I've lost 3 picks.

Three.
                        JC
                        -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
                        -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
                        -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
                        -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
                        -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
                        -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

I put bevels on most, if not all of my picks. You don't? It takes like 2 mins with a decent file.
                          Why would I waste my precious time filing a brand new pick?
                          If you need to file a pick to make it usable, then you aren’t using the right pick.

Comment

Not trying to be that guy, but they’re Ultex.
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Not trying to be that guy, but they’re Ultex.
                              Whoops yeah, that is correct... i would never object to getting details correct on products.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

If you are missing picks check the dryer.
                                I expect to find multitudes of picks as I pack up to move.
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X