Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D'Adarrio Strings

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
    It's possible you somehow got a set of the counterfeit ones. I've heard this is an issue with them.
    My thought also as have used them for years and never seen that issue.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
      I don’t know exactly why either, but some sets will leave your fingers black when new. The set I put on the Jaguar did it, but the red tele did not.

I get my strings direct from D’Addario so they are not counterfeit. Those were coming from some Amazon dealers I believe
      I get these from Strings & Beyond, I have a custom blend I order from "single strings" 09, 10.5, 015, 24w, 34w, 44w. Strings & Beyond get them direct from D'Addario.
      "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Comment

I have them on everything for years
        Only the cheaper sets I've tried do this

Another vote for counterfeiting
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Sheesh, read people...strings that come directly from the manufacturer are not counterfeit. I did some looking into it and as I suspected it is corrosion. I don't go through 11s very often, so it makes sense that the set I put on the Jag is older. I use 10s on all my 25.5" guitars so I never have them sit around for too long.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Sheesh, read people...strings that come directly from the manufacturer are not counterfeit. I did some looking into it and as I suspected it is corrosion. I don't go through 11s very often, so it makes sense that the set I put on the Jag is older. I use 10s on all my 25.5" guitars so I never have them sit around for too long.
            How often are you restringing each guitar?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Depends... some guitars have been in the case for years. Others get new strings every month.

I try to keep strings dry by sealing them in a tub. However, I am pretty sure the set I put on the Jag came from a box that was older.
              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Depends... some guitars have been in the case for years. Others get new strings every month.

I try to keep strings dry by sealing them in a tub. However, I am pretty sure the set I put on the Jag came from a box that was older.
                The ones I get from strings & beyond each string comes in a sealed plastic package there should be no corrosion, However because of the holidays there has be a lul in gig's and even rehearsals so the strings indeed have been sitting around a while, I think I ordered them back in July... so yeah corrosion makes a lot of sense.
                "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Comment

I use d'addarios exclusively and since a recent move most of my guitar's strings flash rusted because it rained and there was an open window... That in turn made my fingers black from the corrosion and I guess the nickel plating wearing off as well...

My case was user error and aside from that Ive never encountered a problem with them. I also agree that string counter fitting wouldn't be very lucrative and I don't see it being an epidemic or a current concern... As always it's best to research your supplier and the product prior to purchasing.. Its also best to keep your hands clean and your strings dry.
                  87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X