Dean vmnt (USA or korean) serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean vmnt (USA or korean) serial

Hi. I recently snagged a dean korina vmnt guitar on a popular guitar website. I called and they promised me it was usa built even though the back was not stamped “usa”. They said the serial begins with wk.

I either won the lotto or wasted a lot of time. From the info i just provided, can anyone confirm the likelyhood of this being a usa dean?

Supposed to be delivered relatively soon. The guy on the phone was very confident it was made in the usa

Re: Dean vmnt (USA or korean) serial

Lol. The guy was very clear he didn’t see USA stamped... wondering if i actually had to ask him if it said “korea.”

Looks unlikely to be usa. Annoying, because i took the time to ask

Comment

Just got back off the phone with the same guy. Conclusion is that it’s korean. He told me it was cut off but i highly doubt it... refund on the way!

Comment

Gotta love it:

“Does it have made in the usa stamped on it?” “Uh, no it doesn’t but i’m sure it was made in the usa”

Called back:
        “Are you SURE it doesn’t say Korea?”

“Oh, uh uh uh”

Comment

USA VMNT's have stamped serial numbers and begin with the year as in YY XXXX as an example.
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Working...
          X