Weird 3 way switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird 3 way switch problem

So I got a schecter with SD pickups and the 3 way switch didn't work. All the components were old and broken pretty much so I replaced all the wires, switches, and knobs. Plug it up and have same issue. When switch is in down position it works for the neck pickup. When it's in the middle and up position it doesn't work at all. I have reverified all my wiring and solder joints. Any ideas on what my issue may be?

Re: Weird 3 way switch problem

Do you have the switch wired up right? I use a meter to check which contacts connect to what. They aren’t always the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

If you post several clear pics, we might be able to help. The first step is making sure the switch works the way you think it does.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

^ +1

I know there are Switchcraft 3-way Gibson-style switches have the connections on the reverse side to other Switchcraft models.

Comment

My guesses are (multiple of these issues could be present)

1. The switch is wired upside down
          2. The contact blades on the bridge end are bent and do not make contact when the switch is in those positions
          3. You didn’t join the center lugs together
          4. You wired positive and ground to the wrong lugs, but not 100% wrong

Comment

I'm not at home right now but when. I get there I will meter the connections and if that doesnt tell me what's wrong I will post pictures for y'all. Thank you for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Cailthria View Post
              I have reverified all my wiring and solder joints.
              Obviously not!

Please post some pics clearly showing the wiring and connections and we can certainly help you. The problem is most definitely your wiring.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
              X