Help, Floyd Rose bushing stud coming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Floyd Rose bushing stud coming out

Hi, I have an ESP MH-350 FM which is still pretty much new since I tend to play may other guitar which is on E standard. Anyway, while re stringing it I noticed that the bridge was tilting to one side, I thought somehow the bridge height screw came lose but after further inspection I realized that the bushing that goes in the wood hole is actually coming out, the other one is fine is just one of them.

The wood hole is still somehow tight but just the tension on the strings will make the bushing come out. Is there any special glue I could use? I'm also contacting ESP since the guitar is still under warranty but I wanted to hear from you guys too.

Thank you

Re: Help, Floyd Rose bushing stud coming out

Wait till you hear from ESP, doing anything prior to instructions from ESP, may not play in your favor.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Yes, definitely wait to hear back from ESP. Doing anything can and will most likely void the warranty leaving you SOL.

Comment

If you don't hear back, a drop of white glue on the bushing before pushing it back into the hole should probably do the deed.
        I have an Icon V6M24 that does the same thing (equipped with a Wilkinson).
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Or a tooth pick and press the damn thing down in. Use a flat one not the round ones cause it'll make it too tight. < that's what she said.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

If it's still under warranty, I'd contact the manufacturer before proceeding. If not, I have had to take care of a similar issue with a floyd rose on an Ibanez RG and some regular wood glue inside the hole did the work just fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              Or a tooth pick and press the damn thing down in. Use a flat one not the round ones cause it'll make it too tight. < that's what she said.
              I think he is referring to the new threaded bushings, not the old Floyd wood screws. Toothpicks will work for screws, not sure I would try it with pressing a bushing in.

Comment

I think he is referring to the new threaded bushings, not the old Floyd wood screws. Toothpicks will work for screws, not sure I would try it with pressing a bushing in.
                Bushings are threaded internally.... He needs help with the external....
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I vote for letting the warranty take care of this.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    Bushings are threaded internally.... He needs help with the external....
                    Yes, that is what I was trying to explain to metalchurch.

And, yes, if it is still under warranty, don't do anything, let them fix it!

Comment

Thanks! ESP is going to fix it under warranty. Now I have to figure out a way to ship it to CA safely. I'll start another thread for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X