banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else own an Edwards John Sykes Les Paul? Default cap values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else own an Edwards John Sykes Les Paul? Default cap values?

I bought mine used, and the previous owner had phat cats installed. I'm putting in a '59/Custom set. The cap values in there right now are .22. Are these the caps that came with the guitar? Does anyone else own one that can verify this?

Re: Does anyone else own an Edwards John Sykes Les Paul? Default cap values?

'59/Custom set?
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      '59/Custom set?
      I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm putting a '59 neck and Custom bridge in this guitar.

Comment

I'm not sure if those are the stock cap values, but why do you care? The .022uf caps that are in there now should work well for most players. For some reason many guitar companies use .047uf which IMO is far too large (dark) to be useful. Unless this is some sort of vintage, collectible guitar I can't think of any reason that the type or value of cap would matter beyond personal preference.

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
        I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm putting a '59 neck and Custom bridge in this guitar.
        From reading your first post it wasn't clear if you were talking about a '59 and Custom set or a '59/Custom Hybrid paired with something else.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          I'm not sure if those are the stock cap values, but why do you care? The .022uf caps that are in there now should work well for most players. For some reason many guitar companies use .047uf which IMO is far too large (dark) to be useful. Unless this is some sort of vintage, collectible guitar I can't think of any reason that the type or value of cap would matter beyond personal preference.

From reading your first post it wasn't clear if you were talking about a '59 and Custom set or a '59/Custom Hybrid paired with something else.
          Ah I see. It was purely curiosity. I was considering putting .047's in, but I may leave the originals, if they were originals.

Comment

OK - nobody asked the question, but the ONLY answer is: DIRTY FINGERS
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

FWIW, the Edwards Sykes models originally came with a Duncan Distortion set which sounded great. I agree with all the advice to use the caps that work best for you.

Comment

Working...
              X