banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my Fender lonestar is not suit for hard rock and metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So my Fender lonestar is not suit for hard rock and metal?

Even with doctors, only 1 out of every 10 finished in the top 10% of their class. And with your typical guitar tech, there is usually no schooling, just on-the-job training and dang little of that. Many years ago I decided to learn to work on my own guitars when I found there was no one in my area that I could trust to care for them.
    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Re: So my Fender lonestar is not suit for hard rock and metal?

Bro I’ve put all sorts of pickups in all sorts of guitars.

Sometimes the guitar makes the sound. My les Paul is lower output but the guitar resonates a lot and that helps make it sound aggressive. Allows great attack.

My explorer has softer attack but hotter pickups.

I put a set of dimarzios in a fender jaguar once. Some of you might remember and if you do god damn are we old

The dimarzios ROARED and the guitar sounded so good

But I wanted a single coil sound later on and sold the jaguar for $800 and ordered 2 strats. One of them totally sucked. MIJ 60s model from the 90s. Seller lied about the condition and the frets were super worn. Ended up selling that one

The other one was a turquoise strat with maple fretboard and large 70s headstock. It had SD SSL-1s I think they’re called. That one ROCKED

I also put a set of hot rails in a telecaster and after getting new pots that guitar was loud as heck. It didn’t give me the beef I wanted but it started to give me the tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X