NGD-Yamaha RevStar 502T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD-Yamaha RevStar 502T

When to my local GC today, and made it back to my car before I turned around and went back in for this beauty. I justified it by saying I dont have a guitar with P-90s, but at less than $500 out the door, I couldn't pass it up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_175840.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	5851420
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Re: NGD-Yamaha RevStar 502T

Those things are solid. I love green and P90s so I have almost impulse bought this guitar a few times.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Congrats...been wanting a RS for a few years...just can’t get the inertia from what I hear about them...which is very little...Ilya get some tome would appreciate your take on them...

Comment

Initial impressions: build quality is superb, if it wasn't for the "made in Indonesia" sticker on the back, I would easily believe it was made in US or Japan. The easiest comparisons are to Gibson/Epiphone models, the body is not quite sg and not quite Les Paul, it's kind of like a thicker LP Special. The neck is also kid of odd to me, it's an asymmetrical carve, which I'm not use to, the bass side is thicker than a 60s profile, but thinner than a 50s. The p90s, at low volume at least, sound great, like a p90 should. I have long been interested in these and the Reverend Sensei models, and would like to compare this to the latter, but it happened to come up locally, and I couldn't pass it up.
        sigpic
        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I think you made a great decision… EVERYBODY should own a P90 guitar!

Congratulations! [emoji1303][emoji41]
          Originally posted by The Commodores?
          "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Nice score. I've been loving those Revstars ever since I first saw them. Enjoy.

Comment

The P90s were a big selling point, since that's one thing I didn't have. I was looking at the Gibson LP Special Tributes, but that pickguard they're using now is ugly. They had this hanging right next to the Gibby, and it just looks so much better, and being used, it was $350 less than the Gibson.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X