Guitar fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar fun

There's also nothing quite close to the childlike joy I get from playing a punk riff and achieving *that tone. Along those same lines, the piano player at my church (I don't brag about him enough on this website, he's got a doctorate in physics and a masters in music theory) will sometime play the instrumental to The Clash's The Card Cheat during the offertory in a way that sounds grand yet reverent. To this day that is the only thing in the world that will consistantly make me crack a smile.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      My warm up, the first thing I play when I pick up a guitar is the opening solo to Ten Year's After 'I'm Going Home', Woodstock version.
      "I'd Love to Change the World" is still on my current playlist.

Comment

OMG, Alvin Lee was an animal.

"Love to change the world" and "Going home" are still to this day two of my favorite songs...love 10 Years After.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Alvin Lee. An absolute monster player. His playing at Woodstock is otherworldly (I've seen the movie countless times).

Warming up for me consists of anything from running through scale and pattern runs to playing chords of various songs. The other night at rehearsal, I warmed up playing Mr. Scary. It all depends on what I'm feeling but I always run though some scale patterns and licks to get the fingers limber.

Comment

Pinch harmonics in combination with bends or wammy bar. I do 'em everywhere but especially love the 2nd fret on the G string.

Comment

Being on holidays in the countryside and playing guitar all day long
              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Semi hollowbody - Any Nugent riff that comes to mind
                Drop D - Outshined
                Acoustic - Jimmy Buffett

And yes, that all resides in one brain, though there are many different voices.

Comment

Gotta be tremolo picking on an open string while tagging single notes up that string here and there.

Must have ten other cliche moves though.....
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Playing with absurd amounts of gain and doing Neil Youngesqe feedback leads.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X