Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 2019 Les Paul Jr - Original Collection

So I actually got this Monday but it's been a busy week

I was thinking I was going to get the new Special Gibson released but I absolutely fell in love with this guitar. Still haven't played the Special but I wouldn't hesitate to grab one if it is a good as this Junior.

Fit and finish are excellent, the pickup rips (7.77kΩ), it is ridiculously responsive and the wiring is very clean. It has a 2-piece mahogany body (~8lbs.), center seamed, and some flame(!) in the mahogany which is visible on the backside. The board is a nice thick slab of rosewood, excellent fretwork and the nut is cut properly for 10-46's. Fat 50's neck, mahogany, .89"/1st fret, 1.02"/12th fret.

I did a quick fret polish, oiled the board, replaced the small old school strap pins with the larger style ones I use and I've played the living **** out of this thing. I ordered a proper all black truss rod cover and I'll probably throw on some gold bells or speed knobs otherwise it needs nothing.

Last edited by Wattage; 05-23-2019, 11:23 PM.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: NGD: 2019 Les Paul Jr - Original Collection

Very nice! I will be looking into one of these soon!
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Gorgeous! Congrats!

No guitar gets me going like a single cut Junior or Special!
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Man, that's nice. I'd love to have one of those myself. A simple rock-n-roll machine. Nice to see the neck has some meat on it.

Comment

A straight-forward simple yet effective rock machine. That is a beauty of a guitar. The dog-ear P-90 should give you all the bark & growl you need.

;>)/
          sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Congrats! I have a 2018, so I can dig the love! Beautiful and simple.

Of course, I had to screw around with it. Love the Gibson P90, but I was wondering how the entire pup would sound raised...had already raised the poles. Got some spacers, wasn't happy, and I went back to stock height for the pup, and reraised the poles.

They are great guitars, the feel, the sound! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X