Mexican EVH Wolfgang verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican EVH Wolfgang verdict

Still hunting for my last guitar, slightly worn one of these for a decent price. How do they compare to Charvel Pro Mods?

Re: Mexican EVH Wolfgang verdict

Does the Mex EVH Wolfgang come with an asymmetrical neck?
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      Does the Mex EVH Wolfgang come with an asymmetrical neck?
      I’m not sure, but the official site says “the neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications”.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
        I’m not sure, but the official site says “the neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications”.
        Ed's spec's would be : Heineken puke, cigarette burns & Ambien & Coke residue.

Comment

I tried a few of them recently The neck is asymmetrical. I liked the ones I tried seemed pretty comfortable. Sounded good and played good. The frets seemed pretty good they were a lot better than some of the higher priced guitars I tried. The Floyd rose special held tuning real well. I’ve been thinking about picking one up myself and I’m not an EVH fan.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I prefer the Strat shape to look at, but this one is sitting at under half the price of a new model, has a few dings, is about 35 minutes drive from me, and seems to tick all the spec boxes I'm looking at (HH, dive-only Floyd Rose, D-Tuna, and the Charvel/ Jackson neck). It's the Stealth model, with an ebony fretboard, which I've never played before, but would be an interesting addition.

Comment

Totally worth checking out. I've played one years ago, and it was a nice guitar.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Totally worth checking out. I've played one years ago, and it was a nice guitar.
                I agree, def worth checking out, I'm a Peavey Wolfgang owner, both the USA Standard and Special. There's some slight differences between the one you're looking at, but overall the construction was close to mine. To me though the neck on the MIM is just a touch thinner, less rounded and 'hand-filling'. YMMV. I'm not the biggest far of the can-opener headstock, but they are solid guitars.
                'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

OP, ANY guitar on the market with an asymmetrical neck has enough detail and "accoutrements" in it to make it totally worthwhile to look into IME

Asymmetrical necks rule -and they are rare -only Eb MMs, a few Fender and Warmouth necks and some highend super strats are where I see them.

-and I bet a Mexican made one is priced right too.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Some of the models have dropped by a couple of hundred £ (new), but none of the stores near me has any in stock to try out. Only the Asian models.

Comment

Working...
                    X