banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Sky, Suhr Classic Pro, American Deluxe Strat, Nash S-57, thoughts & comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silver Sky, Suhr Classic Pro, American Deluxe Strat, Nash S-57, thoughts & compar

Interesting review. Any change you could compare the Luke (which model btw?)?

Comment

Re: Silver Sky, Suhr Classic Pro, American Deluxe Strat, Nash S-57, thoughts & compar

Originally posted by OLDERBUDWISER View Post
      Save your money and buy 2 G&Ls.
      I’ve had several G&L’s over the years, (several Legacies, a S-500 and a ASAT Bluesboy 90) and they were all great instruments. That said, I feel the bolt-ons I’ve played by PRS, EBMM and Suhr have been the next level of quality from G&L. I absolutely cannot recommend against getting G&L especially because they have their own sound with the MFD’s and a lot of great innovations like the dual fulcrum vibrato and PTB I just feel there are better options for me.
      "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
        Interesting review. Any change you could compare the Luke (which model btw?)?
        The Luke 3 I would say is on the same build quality level as the PRS and Suhr. Music Man’s I think have more of their own thing going on, and I very much respect them for that. While my Luke could do a convincing single coil tone, I wouldn’t call it strat like. The neck is a speed demon, skinny v and smooth low frets and a barely finished feel. Great guitar.
        Last edited by ebagjones; 06-12-2019, 12:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
        "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
          I never got behind the idea of Gucci-Fenders, tbh.

Strats and Teles have (in my mind) been super simple guitars. Once you get far enough away from the basic formula, you start taking away from what makes a strat great.

Thanks for your comment. You know I read a lot of people with comments like this but to be honest I see model like the Silver Sky and Classic Pro as a cheap alternative. As great a modern USA productions Fenders are, I think we can all agree that they are not built with the same standards and care as guitars from the 50’s and early 60’s. To get that sort of attention you’d really need to go custom shop, and, at $3500 on up those are simply out of the price range I’m willing to pay for a Strat or Tele Style guitar. Luckily companies like Suhr and PRS (and Anderson, Kirn, Nash, K-Line, Music Man etc) have models built with the care of golden era guitar manufacturing, but with more consistency and with some notable tweaks of faults the makers may have found in the original design. Whether or not the buyer appreciates the tweaks made is up to them, but the fact of the matter is these instruments are exceptionally high quality and have base models generally $1000-$1500 less than what custom shop if asking.

Comment

Originally posted by ebagjones View Post
            The Luke 3 I would say is on the same build quality level as the PRS and Suhr. Music Man’s I think have more of their own thing going on, and I very much respect them for that. While my Luke could do a convincing single coil tone, I wouldn’t call it strat like. The neck is a speed demon, skinny v and smooth low frets and a barely finished feel. Great guitar.
            Cool, thanks.

It's interesting, I've only tried a Luke 3 once but absolutely loved the neck.
            The pickups just seemed bland and sterile though. There was also a silhouette special in the same shop and the stock pickups were much nicer.
            The feel of the Luke's neck was just outstanding though and never forgot that.

Comment

Holy crap, i do own an American Strat, but damn... I wish i could afford to get ANY of those guitars

You should get a sonic blue Suhr w/rosewood board

Comment

Is Nash still using AllParts or are they making their own necks and bodies now?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X