Neck too high????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck too high????

First Let me say that I read the post on recessed Floyd Rose but it dosen't answer my specific question.

Long story short I took a beater project guitar I have, routed a recessed Floyd pocket, Installed said Floyd (Original),
    and put on a new neck (Fender Style).

Proceeded to put on strings and go through the setup process only to find out that if I have the Floyd sitting just above the body or the sides level with the body (as one would with a recessed Floyd), the strings are actually sitting on the frets, and would probably be sitting on the pickups if the neck was lower. The neck appears to be sitting at the right depth, at least compared to some of my other guitars.
    I can raise the Floyd and it is wonderful but the Floyd is now sitting where it would be if it were a top mount. So there is this huge rout really visible and a good bit of the Floyd post are pretty exposed.

If the body was thicker then it may look right but the neck would be sitting way to deep. Any suggestions? I know scrap it and buy a guitar with recessed Floyd.

Re: Neck too high????

so your bridge rout is too deep for the guitar. you can rout the neck pocket deeper or keep the bridge raised up high enough so it plays well. always good to double check things like this before you start removing wood, not that that helps at this point

Comment

Yeah! Lesson learned. That's why I used a old body. I new there would be something. It isn't a loss. It plays great! Just a little empty under the bridge with it having to sit so high.

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

glad it plays well! having it look a little odd isnt the worst thing either, its unique

Comment

Even the baseplate on my recessed Floyds sit above the body, the recess isn't so the top of the baseplate is even with the top of the body, then your arm is probably going to be too low.

Comment

Pictures would help a lot

Cant really see what the solution is with out them

May be a neck adjustment
            May not
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X