Clear All

• $1,815,000!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	white strat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	5851714

How much will the Black Strat go for?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: $1,815,000!!!

Ummm, errrrrr, uhhhhhhhh, holy crap. Hopefully people do realize that just because that was Gilmour's it wont make them play like him.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
      Ummm, errrrrr, uhhhhhhhh, holy crap. Hopefully people do realize that just because that was Gilmour's it wont make them play like him.
      Are you telling me I should spend more time playing that buying ****? Burn the heretic!
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Are you telling me I should spend more time playing that buying ****? Burn the heretic!
        I say yes as I am looking at the Sweetwater site at what I "need" including pickups, which are in the cart.
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
          Anyone that spends that much on a guitar isn't going to play it.

Comment

Agreed but to me that defeats the purpose of owning a guitar. I mean I get owning a piece of history, etc but my guitars are not wall candy by any means. I guess if you have that kinda cash available you can basically do what you want.
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

That's almost Hendrix and Marley territory
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

as far as i know, thats the most money ever paid for a strat... so far. id be surprised if the black strat didnt go for more considering how iconic it is even if its a partscaster

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  as far as i know, thats the most money ever paid for a strat... so far. id be surprised if the black strat didnt go for more considering how iconic it is even if its a partscaster
                  Hendrix White Strat has the record -i think over 2 million.

There are a couple of charity guitars that went for more -like Tsunami and Hurricane relief strats.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

these are all being sold for charity as far as i know as well. didnt know hendrix woodstock strat sold for that much, didnt one of the microsoft guys buy it?

Comment

these are all being sold for charity as far as i know as well. didnt know hendrix woodstock strat sold for that much, didnt one of the microsoft guys buy it?
                      Yeah that would be Paul Allen, he has all sorts of expensive toys. The woodstock strat is just another bauble in his collection.
                      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

sooo... hes dead. who has it now?

Comment

sooo... hes dead. who has it now?
                          Hendrix is dead?

nah, I think Paul Allen's guitars are going to the Rock&Roll museum in Seattle if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

The Black Strat has just gone for $3,300,000!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I was outbid in the final minute. Damn. What else can I buy?
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X