banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meanwhile on the Fender side of the house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meanwhile on the Fender side of the house...

It's a decent line up. There's nothing that makes me particularly excited about it though. Just seems like another version of the same old, same old. It's kind of crazy to see a MIM near $1k though.
    My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Comment

I don't always play "Authentic" but when I do I play fender.

all jokes aside, though, I think its easy to overlook fender because of how they are everywhere but the reality is they are everywhere for a reason.

They're simple, comfortable, affordable, and sound great. Oh and fender isn't an Ahole going after companies that make things similar to their guitars because they're ACTUALLY making new and cool stuff after all these years.

I have to buy everything I have online because there are no guitars stores near me. Over the last few years I have bought 1 guitar and 2 basses from the MIM line. I returned all three because of significant flaws / design problems. Extremely bad high frets on a jaguar bass, a bridge that was out of line with the neck on a tele, and a bass neck that immediately needed shimming to get anywhere near having proper string height on a Deluxe PJ bass. I will never buy another Mexican made Fender. I now have Squier versions of all three of those guitars, and they all work perfectly, and cost me much less. No way I would pay the same price for a MIM that the American Special line was going for last year.
      Where did you get your axes from? I've had several guitars go through the arsenal but the MIM instruments always stick around. now, they do need setups and a little cleanup, but nothing crazy.
      Last edited by Killertofu; 06-27-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
        They're simple, comfortable, affordable, and sound great. Oh and fender isn't an Ahole going after companies that make things similar to their guitars because they're ACTUALLY making new and cool stuff after all these years.
        Fender sued Charvel, Schecter, Anderson, and maybe a few others in the early/mid 80s over their Strat and Tele copies. Fender won on the headstock shapes, hence no more Strathead Charvels until after the Fender buyout. The body shapes were found to be non-trademarkable.

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
        Where did you get your axes from? I've had several guitars go through the arsenal but the MIM instruments always stick around. now, they do need setups and a little cleanup, but nothing crazy.
        +1

All of my MIM stuff has been great, but I've seen a few with fret issues or mis-aligned bridges. Unfortunately it sounds like Mr. B just go unlucky.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
        X